It was obvious to everyone in the room that Umbridge was making a sly remark toward Cassie. Alicia was about to defend her friend, but Cassie beat her to it, already fuming in anger.

"How dare you speak of me that way in front of the whole class!" she shouted while riding to her feet.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Umbridge replied obliviously, "why don't you take a seat, Ms. Black. Or is it too difficult for you to follow rules as well?"

It was no secret Umbridge was referring to Sirius in that moment. Not following rules? She might as well have said 'not following laws'.

"Fuck you!" Cassie screeched. "You fucking bitch, don't you dare stand there and berate me just because who my family is!"

Professor Umbridge's eyes hardened dramatically, "You've proved my point. You're exactly like your scum of a father. And you just earned yourself a weeks worth of detention, Ms. Black."

Cassie glared hardly at the toad-like woman. Not bothering to reply, she stuffed her books and quills into her bag and stormed out of the deafening silence that filled the room.

——-

The cut on the back of Cassie's hand had just begun to fade, yet here it was being reopened once more. It was the second night of her weeks worth of detention. She did not complain during the evening's detention; she was determined not to give Umbridge the satisfaction.

Over and over again she wrote a new line: I must be respectful to higher authority.

By the end of the detention blood was pouring out of the reopened cuts, but not a sound escaped her lips as Umbridge examined her hand.

"Tut, tut," she hummed, "This won't do, a couple more days and it should sink in."

Yanking back her hand, Cassie turned to leave, storming down an empty corridor filled with anger.

Filled to the brim with emotions, she collapsed onto the floor in an emotional mess. Cassie let out the cries she had been holding in for the past couple weeks. There was so much going on, it was difficult to stay strong all the time.

"Are you okay?" a voice asked hesitantly.

Cassie brought her eyes up to be met with the sight of Fred. The moment he saw her glossy grey eyes, he immediately sat down next to the girl, bringing her into his chest. He knew she had been avoiding him, but Fred didn't care in this moment and neither did she.

"I'm sorry," Cassie said through sniffles, "I shouldn't have been avoiding you. I just felt so guilty after the kiss because of Cedric and I didn't know what to do."

"No, no, no! Don't be sorry. I shouldn't have kissed you, I should have known you wouldn't be ready that soon," Fred said softly while rubbing circles on her waist.

"It wasn't that I didn't like it - because I did - I just don't think I'm ready," she explained.

"I get it," Fred whispered, "and I'll wait for you until you're ready."

Cassie smiled into his chest. If she was completely honest with herself, she could easily get used to this feeling with Fred, but like all good things, they must come to an end.

Cassie shot up from Fred's grip, "Shit! I'm sorry, I have to go! I have to meet Harry for something."

"It's fine, go ahead," he reassured her, but as Fred said this, Cassie was already running halfway down the corridor making him chuckle.

Out of breath, Cassie ran upon Harry who was about to enter Umbridge's office for his detention.

"Sorry," she panted, "I almost forgot."