"You are brilliant, Hermione. Truly," Harry complimented as he scanned the book in front of Ellie.

"She is, isn't she?" Ellie confirmed as she wrapped her arm over Hermione's shoulder, a blush forming on the Gryffindor's cheeks.

"Actually, I'm highly logical, which allows me to look past extraneous detail... and perceive clearly that which others overlook," Hermione replied in a springy tone.

"Yeah, there's only one problem, of course," Harry pointed out , turning the book to face the girls.

The lights in the tent suddenly seemed to get sucked from its sources as Ron emerged from behind the tent's flaps.

"The sword was stolen," Ron's shadow announced as he flicked his Deluminator to return the lights. "Yeah, I'm still here. But you three carry on. Don't let me spoil the fun."

Ellie and Hermione gave a look to one another all too knowingly. Harry closed the book and swung his leg over the bench, turning his body to face the red-head.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked.

"Wrong? Nothing's wrong. Not according to you, anyway," Ron replied menacingly, the lighting only worsening the dark circles under his eyes.

"Look, if you've got something to say, don't be shy. Spit it out."

Ellie dropped her arm from Hermione's shoulder, more intent as to what Ron had to say.

"All right, I'll spit it out. But don't expect me to be grateful because there's another damn thing we've gotta find," Ron spat.

"I thought you knew what you signed up for."

"Yeah, I thought I did too."

Harry stood up from the bench to walk past his best friend. "Well then, I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand. What part of this isn't living up to your expectations? Did you think we were gonna be staying in a five-star hotel? Finding a Horcrux every other day? You thought you'd be back with your Mum before Christmas?"

Ellie and Hermione stood up cautiously to witness the showdown, making their way closer to the bickering boys. Ellie could sense a hint of fear within her girlfriend's eyes, naturally placing a palm on the small of her back in reassurance.

"I just thought, after all this time we would've actually achieved something. I thought you knew what you were doing. I thought Dumbledore told you something worthwhile. I thought you had a plan," Ron confronted, his voice raising in volume with each word.

"I told you everything Dumbledore told me. And in case you haven't noticed, we found a Horcrux already," Harry defended.

"Yeah, and we're as close to getting rid of it as we are to finding the rest of them, aren't we?"

"Ron. Please, take..." Hermione approached the red-head, trying to removed the locket from his neck. He only swatted her hand away, earning a scowl from the Hufflepuff. "Take the Horcrux off. You wouldn't be saying any of this if you hadn't been wearing it all day."

Ron ignored her and refocused his attention to Harry.

"Do you want to know why I listen to that radio?" Ron started as he glared at Harry. "To make sure I don't hear Ginny's name, or Fred, or George or Mum."

"You think I'm not listening, too? You think I don't know how this feels?" Harry snapped, the sudden tone of his voice making the girls wince.

"No, you don't know how it feels!" Ron screeched. "Your parents are dead. You have no family."

Harry suddenly lunged at the red-head, though it quickly turned into a heap of twisted grunts of fighting each other off. Hermione tried to pull Ron off as Ellie attempted to pull Harry.

"Stop! Stop!" Hermione pleaded, her voice breaking.

Ellie managed to pull Harry from Ron, his body tense from anger.

"Fine then, go. Go, then!" Harry offered, pointing to the tent's exit.

Ron paused for a moment, his breaths ragged and heavy. He hastily pulled the Horcrux over his neck, throwing it down to the ground.

"Ron..." Hermione called out, but Ellie grabbed her hand to silence her.

Ron began gathering his belongings, shoving them into his bags. He stopped right before the tent's exit, focusing his attention to Hermione.

"And you? Are you coming or you staying?"

Hermione turned to Ellie, then to Harry.

"Fine. I get it. I saw you two the other night," Ron admitted, glancing to Harry.

"Ron... that's nothing," Hermione pleaded.

Ellie suddenly stepped forward to face Ron, a new sensation coursing through her body.

"Ron, are you that oblivious?" Ellie scoffed, the tone of her voice raising slightly. "You'd have to be bloody stupid if you haven't already noticed!"

"Care to tell me? Or are you keeping secrets too?" Ron spat sarcastically.

"Harry and Hermione have nothing going on. It's Hermione and I, you blithering idiot. Her and I are dating, for Merlin's sake! Four damn years and you haven't noticed. It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out," Ellie snapped, her fingernails digging into the palms of her hands.

Ron shifted his attention to Hermione, who merely nodded reluctantly through the tears brimming at her eyes.

"Guess you haven't figured that one out, eh? And to think a girl as amazing as her could ever love you... that's impossible," Ellie continued, her words making the red-head wince in retaliation. "Well, in case you haven't figured it out, she's not into you! And never will be!"

Hermione stepped up to grab Ellie's arm, pleading for her to back off. Ellie obliged, though her face still expressed that of spite.

He took one last look at the three of them, taking a deep breath. He opened the flap of the tent and ducked his head, exiting the space.

Hermione ran after him, stopping at just outside the tent's entrance.

"Ron, where are you going?" Hermione cried out. "Please, come back. Ron. Ron!"

Ellie glanced to Harry, whose eyes contained mixed emotions. He huffed his breath, turning away from the Hufflepuff. Ellie stood there in shock, not realizing what she had done. Once again, she let her emotions get the best of her.