Destroying the Cup

Kingsley motioned that it was time to reveal themselves, each of them lined up against each other. With Kingsley in front, Hermione, Ellie, and Ron stood just before him, the rest of the Weasley family and allies staggered before them. Ellie gave one last squeeze on Hermione's hands, rubbing her thumb over the back as she took a deep breath.

The doors opened, and the group revealed themselves to the occupants of the Great Hall. The students and faculty gasped at the sight, their eyes wide with surprise as they murmured to themselves. Harry was speaking to the Headmaster in the middle of the room, his voice echoing off the walls of the hall.

"How dare you stand where he stood?" Harry confronted, his voice breaking as Snape merely stared at him. "Tell them how it happened that night! Tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you, and killed him! Tell them."

Snape drew his wand quickly, but McGonagall immediately stepped in front of Harry, pushing him to the side as she pointed her wand at the Headmaster. The group at the door raised their wands as the rest of the students cowered to the walls.

McGonagall was the first to fire a spell, its fiery blaze only being defended by Snape. The professor advanced aggressively, firing a dozen more hexes at the man. Snape merely defended them, two of his professors seeming to be affected by McGonagall's attacks. He finally turned into a cloud of black smoke, whisking his robes to fly out of the hall, breaking the window in result.

"Coward!" McGonagall screamed.

Students began to cheer loudly as McGonagall returned the light to the hall, setting fire to the torches that were suspended. The celebration was immediately cut short as a whisper was heard from above, its voice harsh and raspy. The light had been sucked out once more, and the students fell quiet. A young girl's scream was heard. Then another. Then another. The girls were cowered in a corner, their palms clasped over their ears.

"I know that many of you will want to fight," the voice whispered, everyone immediately recognizing it to belong to You-Know-Who. "Some of you may even think that to fight is wise. But this is folly."

Ellie tried to cover her ears, mimicking the actions of a handful of other students. The uneasiness in her stomach jumped to her heart, and she crouched down and brought her head down as the voice reminded her of the wretched manor. Hermione immediately crouched in front of her girlfriend, her eyes full of worry.

"Don't listen to him, love. Shh... I'm here," Hermione whispered as she brought her hand to stroke Ellie's hair.

Ellie felt two hands on her back as they rubbed it comfortingly. Without looking, she could tell that the hands belonged to the twins, one on either side of her.

"Give me Harry Potter," You-Know-Who demanded. "Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded. You have one hour."

The light returned to the Great Hall, and the students returned their gaze to Harry. Ellie suddenly stood up, breaking away from her friends' comfort as she ran to the corner of the hall, isolated from the others. Ellie became sick, hunching over as she vomited on the floor. She felt her hair being pulled away from her face as she attempted to suppress the sounds of her sickness. She felt slightly better, though her heart couldn't seem to be put at ease.

Ellie turned around to find Fred and George standing behind her, George's hand being the one that pulled her hair out of the way. Hermione had stood behind Ellie, blocking the view from anyone that might look as one of her hands rubbed her back reassuringly.

"Take this," Fred spoke quietly, holding up a small item of what appeared to be candy. "Calms the nerves and freshens the breath like it never happened."