Saint-Like

The sky was dark and cloudy, thunder illuminating the group occasionally. Ellie's heart raced as she looked over to Tonks, who was quietly flying ahead of her, leading the way to the Burrows.

It was quiet. Too quiet. Ellie felt uneasy not knowing of her girlfriend's location, considering the danger and increasing threat of transferring the Chosen One.

Suddenly, dozens dark figures whooshed around the group, cloaked in black robes and hidden behind the terrifyingly familiar masks.

"Which one?"

"Where are you?"

"He's on your right!"

"He's over there!"

These voices circled the group, shouting out suggestions as to which Harry was the real one. The situation escalated quickly as Ellie immediately withdrew her wand, sending hexes to the incoming Death Eaters.

"Ellie! Stay close to me!" Tonks yelled out as she increased her speed to dodge their enemies.

Ellie threw a few hexes at the cloaked figures, successfully throwing them off their broom. She dodged a blast of green light by mere inches, in turn, sending a petrifying curse to the Death Eater as he fell to the ground. She noticed a blur of white falling quickly, its wings limp and unmoving. Ellie recognized it to be Hedwig, Harry's owl.

Ellie was suddenly hit with a striking force of someone's shoulder along with a sharp blade, throwing her off balance. As she tried to regain herself, Ellie found that Tonks was nowhere to be seen. She scanned the dark clouds for any sign of the woman but came up empty. Another burst of green green light was fired her way, Ellie ducking her head.

Ellie pursued the darkness, following what she hoped to be the right direction. Few moments passed, and she found herself nearing the familiar home of the Weasley's. Just as she landed, Fred and Arthur arrived, seeming to have apparated their way back.

Ellie was immediately met with the tight embrace of Hermione, who had a panicked expression on her face. She winced slightly as Hermione squeezed her side, feeling blood draw, though she didn't dare say.

"Goodness, I was worried," Hermione sighed in relief. "Tonks didn't show with you."

Ellie breathed heavily, the right side of her body pained from the Death Eater's doing.

"It's okay, I'm safe now," Ellie reassured to her girlfriend, scanning the group for everyone.

"Where's George?" Arthur asked breathlessly, his smile disappearing from his face.

Having heard him, Ellie's face grew worried, her eyes searching for Fred's brother. She ran into the Burrow, stopping dead in her tracks as she saw George laying on one of the couches, his ear severely mutilated, shining in red blood. A horrified expression overcame Ellie, her eyes wide with shock.

Fred and their father pushed past Ellie, with Fred immediately kneeling beside his brother.

"How you feeling, Georgie?" Fred asked as Molly stroked through George's hair comfortingly.

"Saint-like," George responded.

A wave of confusion washed over the group, looking to each other for context.

"Come again?" Fred questioned.

"Saint-like. I'm holy. I'm holey, Fred. Get it?" George joked with a smile as he pointed to his mangled ear.

A smile played at Fred's mouth, along with everyone else.

"The whole wide world of ear-related humor and you go for 'I'm holey.' That's pathetic," Fred countered as he let out a sigh of relief.