Laguna Tidepool

When the song ended, Trollex heard slow clapping.

The clapping came from Laguna Tidepool, Techno Reef's scientist.

She said, "Astounding, everyone. Absolutely fascinating. Note: I can auricularly discern you a mile away."

Trollex responded, "If you mean you could hear us a mile away, then great. I was hoping we were loud enough."

Laguna then said, "Trollex, you were interrupting my consequential research."

Synth asked, "Really? And what were you studying this time?"

Laguna answered, "If you must know, I've been studying the puffer fish's competency to bulwark himself."

All went, "Huh?"

"How the puffer fish defends himself by expanding."

Trollex then asked, "Don't tell me. Were you studying that to...?"

Laguna finished, "To prepare for the Sharkanians. Yes."

Everyone sighed.

Shimmer then said, "Girl, all you ever do is study new techniques to use against Sharkanians."

Laguna said, "No, I don't."

Glimmer asked, "Oh, really?"

***

Synth asked Laguna, "Hey, Laguna, want to go whirlpool surfing?"

Laguna answered, "Not today. I'm studying on how to tie knots with rope-like kelp. Never know when a Sharkanian might come and we'll need to require this stuff."

***

Bliss asked Laguna, "Laguna! How 'bout some treaditation?"

Laguna answered, "I'm busy collecting lionfish spine poison to utilize against the Sharkanians."

***

Flash said, "I've made an appointment for sea urchin acupuncture. Care to join me?"

Laguna responded, "I've got to do...literally anything else to prepare for the Sharkanians."

***

Trollex said, "Come on. We haven't seen a Sharkanian in 20 years. They're not gonna find us."

Laguna responded, "No. They're not going to find me ...because I'll be quietly doing some research in my house to protect myself against the Sharkanians."

Trollex asked, "You mean you're not coming to the rave tonight?"

The twins said, "But, it's gonna be the biggest..."

Snappy said, "...the loudest..."

And Synth said, "...the craziest rave ever!"

Laguna went, "Big? Loud? Crazy? Why don't you just put up a sign that verbalizes 'Free Trolls for Lunch Here' while you're at it?!"

Beat Drop whispered to Trollex, "Are you sure you want to ask Little Miss Stick-in-the-Mud to get logic mud on your rave?"

Trollex said to Laguna, "Laguna, I know that underneath all of that logic stuff, there's a part of you that likes to have fun. You just need our help to bring it out."

Laguna responded, "I don't do fun."

Trollex responded, "There's a first time for everything."

He then took out an invite for Laguna.

"What do you say, Laguna?"

Laguna took the invite...before throwing it behind her back, "Highly unlikely! Note: There are more important things to do in life than to attend silly little neon bashes!"

Just then, "Whoa, whoa, whoa."

A female light blue Techno Troll with lemon yellow hair named Brooke came.

She winked at Trollex, "Hi, Trollex."

Trollex smiled and blushed as she smiled at him.

"Laguna, first of all, I think your worries are understandable, seeing as how you just want to live in true safety. However, it is important to let loose every once in a while. It's good for the heart and mind. How about you try a little positivity?"

Laguna answered, "Ok. I'm positive you're all going to get eaten if you don't prepare yourselves. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some important research to do."

Trollex tried to stop her, "Wait, Laguna. Come on."

Laguna then said, "Trollex, when the time comes when the fate of our lives rests in your hands, I sure hope the answer is raving and DJing because, frankly, that's all you know how to do!"

Beat Drop said, "That's not true. Trollex is good at many things. Raving and DJing are what he's best at."

Before she left, Laguna said, "I can't believe you're gonna be king one day."

Trollex frowned a little before Brooke took his hand and said to him, "Don't worry about her, Trollex. I'm sure one day she'll come around. It's just gonna take a while."

Trollex smiled, "Yeah. I guess she will."

Brooke responded, "You guess right. Now, come on. There's lots to do for tonight's rave."

Trollex asked, "What would I do without you, Brooke?"

Brooke responded, "Just be thankful I am with you."

She winked at him again and Trollex smiled.