Chapter 18: Escaping

Third POV
"This will be interesting," Smoky grinned. "More visitors." Katie stood with her back against the wall and with Rubble standing beside her.

"Why are you doing this?" Rubble spoke up.

"Why am I doing this?" Smoky said in a sarcastic tone. "Why am I doing this? As if I'd tell you. Get 'em." Everest and Blizzard started to walk closer to Katie and Rubble as their eyes turned red. Rocky and Skye watched these events from the vent.
--
Skye's POV
"Blizzard!?" I surprisingly said.

"Blizzard?" Rocky asked turning to look at me. "Who's dat?"

"He's one of my brothers," I responded. "Smoky got him. He's the other Cockapoo there with Everest."

"Oh God," Rocky said looking at him and then smacking himself in the face. "Who else does he have?"

"The job is done," The other Cockapoo with green eyes said running up to Smoky.

"Wonderful," Smoky said seriously.

"What!? That's my other brother, Snowball," I said in shock. Rocky turned and saw my brother. He smacked his face again and then looked back.

"Wait a minute. He's wearing the same collar Everest is wearing. And the same one Blizzard is wearing."

"The control is behind the collar!" I said as it clicked in my head. "We have to get them off the three of them." Rocky nodded in agreement and looked back down at everyone.

"Let's do this," Rocky said punching the vent with enthusiasm. Right after he punched it, the vent holding him broke right underneath him and he fell like a rock in a creek.

"Rocky!" I yelled a little too loudly as I looked down and saw him land on the ground. My yelling and the fall of Rocky caught Smoky's attention. He quickly turned and looked at both me and Rocky.

"There are more of them!?" Smoky asked annoyed. "Get them too." Rocky shook his head and then got up. He sprinted off and turned around the intersection in the hallway. I jumped out of the vent and went in the opposite direction to where he went. Luckily, Snowball went running after Rocky so I had a chance to search for Chase and Ryder.
--
Chase's POV
I need to find a way out. Unfortunately, Ryder and I can't communicate because we are tied up and have tape over our mouths. Fortunately, the last pup to leave left the door open so if we do end up ditching these ropes, we could run out. I scan the room and see if there is anything that could be used to rip these ropes. I guess Ryder knew what I was doing 'cuz he started chewing through the tape that was over his mouth. I began to do the same and finished before Ryder.

"I did it, Ryder," I said with joy. He then had the tape in his mouth and spit it out beside him.

"Great work, Chase," he smiled. "Now, do you think you can chew off the ropes?"

"Only one way to find out," I said as we tried to move so I was behind Ryder. I started to bit through the ropes but they weren't breaking. "It's not working."

"Okay, plan B," he said pulling out a pocket knife.
--
Rocky's POV
I started to run in every which way I could. I had to lose him. Talking to him wasn't an option and the only way to get rid of that collar is to get close to him. Not risking that.

"Need some help dude?" I heard Zuma say. I looked around but he wasn't anywhere. I looked up but didn't see any figured in the vent. Great, now I'm hallucinating. I almost stopped running but when I heard Snowball's breathing get louder, I dashed across the hallway again. I won't be able to do this for long so I need to find a way to lose him.

"Dude, up here," I heard Zuma say again.

"Get out of my head," I said to myself.

"I'm not in your head, man," Zuma responded. Huh? "Up here." I ended up listening to the voice and saw Zuma walking on the roof. He was wearing an outfit that looked exactly like Chase's spy gear.

"Woah, where'd you get-that?" I asked heavily breathing.

"The pups and I were searching the Lookout for anything helpful and we found out that Ryder made spy gear for all of us but had them in case of emergencies."

"Awe-some."

"Ruff, ruff, zipline," Zuma said. A zipline sprouted out of his pup pack and he slid down. He landed next to me and I stopped running.

"I...have...never...ran...SO...much...in...my...life," I said through breaths. I then quickly threw myself on the floor.

"You guys have to come with me," Snowball approaching us. Zuma and I looked at each other and he winked at me.

"And why should we?" I asked as Zuma started to move little by little.

"I was told to take you," he said his eyes turning red again.

"You don't happen to have any type of weapons, do ya?" I asked nervously walked backward.

"Maybe one," he said approaching me.

"Well, then I think- Zuma now!" I yelled as he snuck up behind Snowball and used a knife to break the collar off. The collar fell to the ground as Snowball's eyes changed from red to back to green. He looked at me and then looked confused.

"Who are you?" He asked perplexed.

"We did it!" Zuma said running up to me and giving me a fist bump.

"And you?" Snowball asked looking around him to make sure no one else was around.

"Oh, hey, dude," Zuma greeted. "I'm Zuma and this is my pal, Rocky."

"Uh, hi," he said nervously. "Uh, how did I uh, get here?"

"I don't even know, man," Zuma laughed.

"Sorta long story," I said scratching the back of my head.

"Well, where are we?" He asked.

"We'll explain everything later but right now, we need to stop Smoky," I began. "He's controlling your brother, trying to get your sister, and some of our friends."

"Wait, how'd you know I have a brother and a sister?"

"That's not important," Zuma jumped in. "We need to get us and everyone outta here."
--
Skye's POV
"Ahhh!" I heard Ryder yelp.

"Ryder!?" I ask out loud and follow the sound where I heard his voice. At first, I was glad I heard him 'cuz now I have an idea where he is. But now I'm worried. He didn't yell 'cuz he was happy. He seemed to be in pain. "Ryder!"

"Skye?" I heard Chase and Ryder ask in sync. I peek into a room that was slightly opened and saw both of them lying on the floor tied in rope. They seemed glad to see me and I was even happier to see them.

"Ryder!" I yell and jump on his lap. I began to lick his face and that cheered him up.

"I'm glad to see you too, Skye," he laughed.

"Chase!" I say turning to him. Neither of them could hug me so I nuzzled my head on Chase's chest. "I so glad to see you!"

"Me too," Chase smiled. I noticed Ryder didn't say anything so I turned back to him.

"Ryder?" I see his face is depressed and upset. I notice something red on his rope and see a cut on his hand. It was blood. "Ryder?" I repeat. "What happened?"