Chapter 5: The Pup

Third POV
Ryder, Chase, Rubble, and Skye made their way to the canyon with Rubble leading the way. Rubble was clearing out the loose rocks and boulders. When they arrived, they found Mayor Goodway looking down at the poor little pup. Mayor Goodway heard Chase's sirens and looked back with a face of relief.

"Thank goodness you're here, Ryder," she said as Ryder got off his ATV and took off his helmet. "The pup is down there," Mayor Goodway said leading to the end of the canyon and pointed toward the scared pup. The pup was a Yorkshire Terrier and had a blue bow. The pup appeared to be a girl.

"Okay, Chase," Ryder turned to Chase. "You know what to do."

"Ruff!" Chase barked. "Winch!" Chase's winch popped out and he handed it to Ryder. Ryder attached it to himself and made his way down the canyon. Ryder slipped and small particles of rocks fell below.

"Be careful, Ryder!" Rubble cried.

"I'm alright, Rubble," Ryder assured. Ryder continued to make his way down to the ledge. Ryder stepped onto the ledge and looked down at the shivering pup. The air from the ledge was a little chilly so the pup was curled on the corner of the ledge.

"I made it Chase!" Ryder informed.

"Okay, Ryder," Chase responded. When the Yorkie saw Ryder, she got up and her large black eyes glistened at him.

"Hello," Ryder greeted. The pup, however, didn't respond but just stared at him with a blank mind.

?'s POV
This boy seems nice. He doesn't look like he wants to do any harm. Maybe I should trust him. I am hungry...and cold.

"Are you okay?" The boy, who supposedly is named Ryder, asked as he bent down to me. I didn't answer. He stood back up and pulled out this type of large phone. "Skye, you're up."

"Skye!?" I blurted out. The boy looked down at me in surprise and then smiled. Then a pink line with a blue hook kind of shape made it down in front of me.

"So you can talk?" He said bending down again. "Are you alright? What's your name?"

"I-I'm fine," I responded shyly. "M-my name is B-Bella."

"Glad to hear it. I'm Ryder. I'm the leader of the PAW Patrol and we're here to rescue you. Okay?" I nodded and he grabbed the thing that was lowered down to us. He seems nice and is giving me a good vibe. I looked up and saw a pink and silver helicopter with a familiar pup in it.

"Skye!?" I repeated.

"Bella!?" Skye said as she peeked down from her chopper. She seems to be the same: smiling and giggling. "I knew I recognized you! It's been so long!" She gushed.

"I know!" I smiled.

"So you-you know each other?" Ryder asked pointing at me and Skye back and forth.

"Yes!" Skye cheered. "A childhood best friend!"

"What'd you mean childhood? We're STILL best friends!" I laughed.

"Y-yeah!" Skye agreed a little nervously. Wonder why.

"Why don't you two continue this later," Ryder suggested.

"Okay," Skye smiled. Ryder put the thing, I think they said it was a harness, around me.
--
Rubble"s POV
"Do you know what's happening?" I asked Chase while we watched Ryder, Skye, and the unknown pup talk.

"Nope," he said not taking his eyes off of them.

"Wonder when they're gonna stop," I said as I rested my cheek on my paw.

"Same here," Chase said looking down at me. Chase looked back at them and then smiled. "They're done. Ryder is putting the harness on the pup."

"Thank goodness," I said as I got back up. "I'm hungry."

"When aren't you?" Chase chucked.

"I think the pup is kinda cute," I blurted out a little too loud. Chase froze and then looked back at me with a straight face.

"You what!?"

"N-Nothing. I didn't say a word."

"Don't lie to me. You think she's cute!?" Chase smiled.

"M-Maybe," I admitted.

"Oh my God. This is going to be in-teresting," he teased. I just rolled my eyes. Ryder made it back up and Skye landed the pup by Ryder. Skye landed her copter and hopped out. The pup and Skye ran towards each other and gave each other a hug.

"Am I missing something?" Chase asked Ryder.

"Apparently they know each other," Ryder scratched his head. "They're friends." The two stopped hugging and turned to us.

"Bella, this is Ryder, Chase, Rubble, Mayor Goodway and, Chickaletta," Skye introduced.

"Hi," we all said.

"Ryder, Chase, Rubble, Mayor Goodway, and, Chickaletta, this is Bella."

"Hi," Bella greeted.

"So..." Chase said to Bella then smirked at me. "Your name is Bella?" Bella nodded.

"Let's head back, pups," Ryder announced. "Do ya wanna join us?"

"Um...okay!" Bella backflipped.

"You backflip!?" I asked impressed.

"Yeah," she said shyly. "It was a thing Skye and I did."

"And she still does it," Chase blushed. I tried not to crack up.

"Let's go," Ryder said getting on his ATV. "What if Bella wants to meet the rest?"

"They're MORE pups!?" Bella asked shocked. Ryder nodded.

"You can ride with Skye," Ryder smiled. Bella happily followed Skye into her chopper and we all got into our vehicles. We all drove off back to the Lookout.
--
Skye's POV
I can't believe you're here!" I giggled.

"Neither can I," Bella smiled excitedly. "Never knew you could drive."

"Well, ya do now. How have ya been?"

"Great but not so great. You?"

"Awesome! But not so awesome. Why aren't you 'so great'?"

"Well," Bella said a little nervously. "So um...ya see..."

"You can tell me," I said not taking my eyes off of what was in front of me.

"Smoky..."

"Smoky!?!?!?"

"Yeah..."

"What about him?"

"He wants you back."

"Me? Back again? Not even in his dreams."

"He thought we knew where you were. Like we were hiding you or something."

"Wait- we?"

"Oh yeah. Storm, Snowball, and me."

"Oh my God! Are they okay!?"

"I dunno. Smoky started to chase us and threatened to kill us if we didn't tell him where you were. We all split up so it was harder for him to find us and that's where I ran into a rockslide. You guys came and rescued me. That was the last time I saw either of them."

"Oh..." I said sadly. "I hope they're alright."

"Me too."

"I have to tell you something," I admitted.

"Okay," Bella nodded. "I have other things to tell you." Now I'm nervous.

Yay! Another chapter completed. I hope you guys are enjoyed this and will continue to do so. Chapter 6 and probably 7 will be posted tomorrow if I get the chance to. Thank you guys SO much for 60 reads!!! Have a great night.