3 A.M Thoughts - Chapter 10 -

Somehow Phoebe managed to lay down and rest her eyes, at least for 2 and a half hours.

But now it was the middle of the night and she didnt want to go back to sleep. The creepy and itchy sensation crept up on her once again.

The feeling she had a month ago was back; except this time, it was worse.

She took out her Journal and started jotting down what she knew about Esme's situation.

She was a squib, in a muggle school, practicing no magic. Yet something had happened to her. Something that Phoebe felt had to do with magic. Esmes magic. Something took over her.

She remembered staring into the mirror and seeing a black mass stretching over the ceiling of her home. A black mass...

Suddenly it came to her.

Could Esme be..

Her thought was interrupted by someone rushing into the common room. Padma, and her other two roommates, named Ceceilia and Hailey, woke as they heard Proffesor Mcgonagoll come in hurriedly.

"Proffessor Dumbledore needs you, Miss Anne," She said as if she were out of breath. "Urgently."

Phoebe slid on her slippers and hurried down the corridor with Proffesor Mcgonagoll as Peeves the Poltergeist through water balloons at them repeatedly. He was not helping the situation.

Even though they got to Dumbledores office rather quickly, it seemed like ages before they arrived. She couldnt bare hearing any terrible news.

When she reached his office she sat in front of him, the tension of the room rising by the second.

"Miss Anne, it has come to my attention that your mother has landed in St. Mungos Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. She is doing well at the moment, but I'm afraid she will not be out of the hospital until after the holidays, possibly later."

A lump rose in Phoebes chest as it never had before. She had many questions, such as; Where would she stay for the holidays? Where was Esme? And most importantly, when could she see her mother? She asked Dumbledore all three.

"Where you will be staying has not yet been decided, perhaps you could stay with a friend?"

She thought. Who could she possibly stay with?

Terry and Michael were both boys, and even though she couldnt get her mothers input she knew she wouldnt be allowed to stay with them. Rose's family and home life wasn't exactly the most stable, seeing as she was a Lestrange. And Emmie, she had plans for vacation already.

"No, I dont think so, They all have plans." She said. It was rhe simplest way to put it, Ecspecially since she could barely get out those few words.

"Proffessor Dumbledore and I will find arrangements, dont worry," Proffessor Mcgonagoll said.

"Also Proffessor," She said, her stomach twisting into a tight knot. "Do you know where my sister Esmerelda is?"

Proffessor McGonagall glanced at Dumbledore with the slightest look of pity on her face.

"No, I'm afraid not," He said with a sorry tone.

Did they know? Did they know of the letter she had sent?

She gulped. "And..can I see my mum?"

"Not now...when the time is right," He said, in the riddlish tone he used frequently.

Phoebe laid back in her chair, taking in the news. Something terrible was happening, yet she could do nothing to help. She simply had to wait until the time was right.