"I think it's fate for you two to meet again." Y/N's father wears a smile. These two are thinking about others despite losing their father and father-in-law.

"Isn't..." Kuroo clams up. He hates the question he's about to ask. "Is Asahi not her boyfriend?"

Y/N's parents look at one another with a smirk, shaking their heads. "They're best friends. Nothing more than that. Co-workers too if you want to be even more specific."

Kuroo feels a pat on his back from his father. "You were in the wrong before, son. Maybe this is your second chance to fix things. Just don't corner her and don't be upset if she brushes you off and pushes you away."

"Aren't we jumping to conclusions guys? What if Tetsurō doesn't feel the same way for Y/N anymore? Or maybe Asahi has feelings for Y/N? I can't be the only one who sees the way Asahi looks at Y/N. Y/N's more than a best friend to him." Kuroo's mother tries to be more realistic about the situation. But it only dampens the other's moods. The four adults bicker about the conversation and Kuroo slips away from them.

What are his feelings towards Y/N?

He walks away from the funeral home and towards his car. Forgetting that Kozume has been sitting inside for who knows how long.

"Welcome back." Kozume mutters with his phone in his hand. His fingers tap and slide against the phone screen with a video game reflecting in his eyes.

"Sorry for the long wait." Kuroo replies when he steps inside the driver seat. He closes the car door and exhales loudly. His fingers ruffling through his hair.

"What's up?" Kozume pauses his game to look over at his troubled friend. Kuroo leans over the steering wheel. His eyes watch the grey clouds part and a blue sky is revealed behind them.

"How should I get Y/N to notice me? I want her to know I've changed. But she's so fixated on my past." Kuroo grumbles to himself but Kozume hears every word. "Plus, Asahi seems to be around her all the time. How could I get her to see me if he's glued to her side."

"Are you saying you like Y/N still?" Kozume murmurs.

"W-What?!" Kuroo snaps out of his thoughts to look at Kozume. "NO!"

Kozume narrows his eyes on Kuroo, a perplexed look on his face. "Alright. So it's okay if Asahi is around her, right? And you're okay if she doesn't look your way?" Kuroo looks disgruntled by Kozume's questions. A pout to his lips. "No. I wouldn't be okay."

"Then...Operation: Get Kuroo back with Y/N should commence." Kozume speaks nonchalantly but those words all together in one sentence makes Kuroo flustered. He loudly raises his voice in embarrassment. "What kind of name is that?! Is my love life a game to you Kenma?!"

Kozume lets out a short chuckle. The sound stops Kuroo from yelling. "What's so funny?" Kuroo mutters under his breath. He turns on the car and buckles his seatbelt.

"It's nice to see you flustered like this every once in a while. You've been so serious ever since you started working at the Japan Volleyball Associations on top of the stock markets and--.

"Alright. I get it." Kuroo chuckles dryly. Kozume forms a small smile when he sees Kuroo laughing. "But...where should I even start?"

"Do you have her number?" Kozume taps out of his video game to pull up a web browser.

"No. I didn't get the chance to ask her after she--" Kuroo's words trail off and Kozume looks up from his phone. He wears a curious gaze. "I figured out the other reasons why we argued." Kuroo's lips close shut before he weakly opens them. "I apparently wanted to see other people and ran away from the fear of commitment."

Kozume scoffs at the reasoning. "You didn't even hook up with anyone after high school."

Kuroo clenches his teeth, grumbling under his breath. "Shut up. I was more focused on my career."

"And now you want the very thing you ran away from. It's odd how the world works." Kozume mutters, flicking his thumb across his phone. "Anyway, you said Y/N works at a fashion agency, right?"

"Yeah. What about it?" Kuroo comes to a red light. He looks over to Kozume who's busily typing something in the search engine. His eyes shine for a moment when he successfully finds one clue about Y/N's job.

"Huh. It seems like her and Asahi are gaining traffic with their apparel designs. There's a few photoshoots of their work on a well known model." Kozume flicks through the images the model posted on her personal social media account. With a few taps through tags, Kozume manages to find the agencies name along with Y/N and Azumane's social media accounts.

Kozume curiously looks through their profiles. Anyone would be fooled by Azumane's profile. He looks like a model. You'd never think twice that the clothes he's wearing is made by himself.

"Oh." Kozume's curt word raises Kuroo's attention. His eyes focused on the road. "What is it? Did you find something interesting?"

Kozume stumbles on a photo on Y/N's profile. He's unsure if he should show Kuroo or not. "Did you ever find out if the two are dating?"

"Her parents said they're not. Why?" Kuroo grows anxious. He's tempted to pull over to see what Kozume is looking at. Luckily there's another red light.

"There's a photo of Asahi kissing her forehead. She looks really happy here."

The caption below the photo is a celebration of her 25th birthday. It seems like the two have grown close and friendly enough for not only hand holding but also forehead kisses?

' Woke up to a birthday surprise from Asahi. He made a cake and designed this dress I'm wearing. I can't ask for a better best friend. 🤍🥰'

Kuroo looks away from the photo, feeling a bit annoyed.

"Is there something Asahi can't do?" Kuroo squeezes the steering wheel, clicking his tongue.

"Fill the hole in Y/N's heart. The hole you created Kuroo." Kozume speaks seriously. He lowers his phone to stare at the irritated messy black haired friend of his. "I'll send you the agencies name and her social media to your phone. Maybe you could reach out to her on there. Unless she's managed to find you first and block you."

Kuroo groans under his breath. "Thanks for the encouragement Kenma."

Kozume forms a playful smile. "You're welcome."