intoxicated

She awakes, blinking in the sudden light that flows from the windows. The rain has ceased, the sunlight seeping through. She takes a moment to register where she is, laying on Malfoy with his arms wrapped loosely around her waist.

She sees him open his eyes, adjusting to the light as his gaze falls on her.

They both let go each other, as full consciousness and reality hits them forcefully. He stands, hair ruffled and clothes disheveled, and he leaves without a single word.

-

The rest of the day follows in a dazed rush, a strike in the face after the fantasy of last night.

She receives more letters at breakfast, ones that she stuffs in the pocket of her robes and hopes she'd forget about them later.

Her throat knots when she thinks about Malfoy leaving her in the morning, but she's not sure what she would've wanted to happen otherwise.

In the corridors between class, she sees him walk past, his hand fiddling with his tie.

"Malfoy." She calls, the six letters getting caught in her mouth.

He doesn't look back, doesn't turn around.

She follows him, and he quickens his pace.

"Malfoy, I'm talking to you!"

He turns and stops abruptly in front of her so that she almost knocks into him. "What? What do you want?"

"To talk to you," she says, fixing him with a furious look, annoyed that he was acting so childishly.

"I don't want to talk to you," he rasps out in a harsh voice.

She takes a hold of his arm and pulls him into an empty classroom.

"I said, I don't want to talk to you," he says, darkly.

"What happened last night was –"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"So, it – it didn't mean anything, right?"

He looks at her coldly, raising an eyebrow. "No, it didn't."

"Well, then. I guess that's it –" She moves towards the door but is stopped when he seizes her arm.

"This is all your fault, you know that?" He says in a low, vehement hiss.

"My fault? What is?" She says, breathless with anger.

"You. This entire thing. You doing this to me."

"What am I doing to you, Malfoy?" She says, bemused.

He stares, catches her other arm with his other hand, tightens his hold so that his rings nearly dent her skin.

And then he crashes his lips onto hers in a rough embrace, shoving her towards him with his hands clutching possessively at her sides. She tries to speak, tries to protest but he swallows her words by pressing him closer to her, latching onto her mouth.

Euphoric tingles erupting across the surface of her skin and lips, her hands promise to get lost in his platinum-blonde hair as he moves his mouth towards her neck, lining her jawline with peppered kisses.

He fervently drags his lips across her throat, still tightly holding onto her waist in an ardent grasp. And she's never felt so intoxicated; so delirious that even fire whiskey weeps in shame.

Leaning her head on the back of the wall, her vision blurs in a haze of electrifying tingles as his hands move down her hips and his lips leave intricate trails down her collarbone.

Heartbeats colliding at their frenzied touch, he finally rips away from her neck, leaning his forehead against hers while they try to slow their breath.

"I have to – to get to class," she says, feeling the rapid rise of his chest.

He catches her gaze, locking his azure eyes on hers, the way a key fits into a lock. And maybe it never worked at first, what with all the jagged edges and grooves, but if you held it there long enough, it fit.

She can't help but wonder if there's something else in his eyes, something else in his stare, but the only message she gets is the enraptured flutters within her stomach.

"Forgive me," he says, blurting out the words with what seemed to be reluctance. "Forgive me." He repeats.

"We're not supposed to do this –" she says, tearing her gaze away from his eyes. "We can't just keep coming at each other –"

He takes a hold of her jaw with his ring-adorned hands, forcing her to meet his eyes. "Do you want me to stop?"

"I – what?"

"I'm asking if you want me to stop."

"I don't – I..." Her voice gets caught in her throat.

"Answer me."

She looks away again, unable to get the words out of her mouth.

He watches her struggle for a moment and then he lets go of her with a smirk. "Yeah, that's what I thought."

She can't comprehend it, but she feels a certain loss when he leaves the classroom, like an unfulfilled ache. 

a/n: thoughts? ;)