𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘.

"Mr. Luntz? Mr. Luntz, can you hear me?" Officer Cheddar asked to the man lying in the hospital bed.

Y/n was tapping her foot impatiently. She was about to blow up the heart rate monitor because of its beeping. Her eye lids kept drooping. She hadn't slept in days and when she had, it wasn't for very long. The whole apocalypse had been taking up all of her time and energy.

The man on the bed grunted and struggled to open his eyes. He blinked at Officer Cheddar and started making weird noises. Allison put her hands in her pockets, leaning towards the bed from where she was standing. Y/n continued to lean up against the wall behind Allison with her arms crossed.

"Who are you?" Mr. Luntz asked.

"I'm Sargent Cheddar," Cheddar said, pointing to himself. "This is Y/n? Hargreeves," he said her name in a question, causing her to roll her eyes. He pointed to Allison, "And this is Allison Hargreeves. My associate. We just have a couple questions for you."

"Am I in trouble?" Mr. Luntz asked. Y/n felt bad for him, but she shrugged it off. He looked in pretty bad condition. His face had cuts and bruises all over and his left arm was in a sling.

"No trouble. Nothing like that. I just wanted to ask you about the accident in the Bearskin Tavern last night," Cheddar explained.

The man sighed, thinking. Y/n uncrossed her arms and started picking at her nails boredly.

"You're a cop. You gotta protect me no matter what right?" Mr. Luntz asked. His voice was raspy and he spoke lowly.

"It's my sworn duty," Cheddar replied.

Y/n scoffed quietly and shook her head, continuing to pick at her nails.

"It was no accident," Luntz said, shaking his head. Allison perked up even more. Y/n only raised her eyebrows and continued with what she was doing.

"What do you mean?" Cheddar asked, shifting in his place.

Luntz sighed, "This guy, hired us to start a fight." Allison uncrossed her arms and slowly walked in front of the man's hospital bed. "He wanted us to rough him up in front of his girlfriend."

Y/n's head snapped up. She pushed herself off the wall and walked to the man's bed, standing next to Allison.

He gave Y/n a quick glance and looked back to Cheddar. "He paid real good up front. We got drunk. Took it a little too far. Started to hassle the girl too," he explained. Allison nodded and Y/n scoffed, shaking her head. It earned her a glare from both Cheddar and Allison.

The man shook his head, "Then all hell broke loose."

"What did he look like? The guy who paid you," Y/n asked.

The man went to answer but was cut off by Allison. "Brown hair? Light scruff? Slight build?"

Y/n smacked her forehead, though no one noticed. "Idiot," she muttered so that only she could hear herself.

Cheddar gave Allison a confused look before looking back at Luntz. "Yeah, yeah. That's him," the man agreed.

"Well that's a- that's a really good guess," Cheddar said, pointing to Allison.

Allison quickly pulled out Vanya's book cover and showed him the back, "Is this the girlfriend?"

"So you just carry around Vanya's book cover. Wow," Y/n muttered, shaking her head.

"Hey- uh- um- just a moment," Cheddar said, walking up to Allison and moving her over to the side to talk to her.

Y/n sighed and took a step closer to the man. "Look, I know that this probably isn't the easiest thing to talk about and that my sister is an absolute idiot. But I just need to know, for the world's sake, was that girl the girlfriend?" she asked lowly.