But now she realized that she was fading as well. And it felt strange that she never knew. Kirino Touko turned to her but Yashiro slowly looked away, her eyes starting to glow as she arched an eyebrow for a second, feeling the familiar warmth coming down her cheeks and the heavy stone inside her chest, making it difficult for her to breathe. The truth in those hazel eyes was the light she needed to see, and it was strong enough to leave her blind.

When Yashiro came out of the building, she stopped in her tracks to look around as a tourist who got lost in the new city. Cars were passing by and people were rushing to arrive early in the morning. That was her home, the city where she was born; yet it looked so different to her then. She felt just like a bird singing from a tree; nothing more than a lost breeze.

But as soon as she glanced at the sidewalk across the street, she found a tall man looking at her with his hands clasped in front of him, his amber eyes fixed on hers and his lips seeming to hold back so as not to smile. He was wearing a white shirt and a tie under a beige vest. Something prompted her to move toward the lonely figure, and when she was right in front of him, she stopped again with her head slightly raised.

"I knew you would come here," Makishima finally smiled tilting his head down to look at her more closely.

His deep yet soft voice made her exhale air, the one she had not heard for so long and the one she least expected.

"I had to see her one last time."

"Did it make any difference?"

Yashiro looked to the side barely closing her eyes, "No. It didn't."

After a brief pause, Makishima stretched out one hand and turned forward, placing it gently on Yashiro's back, who turned as well to continue walking right beside him, her gaze reddened by the recent crying lost on the floor while his focused on the front, as if looking at anyone who might get in their way. He placed his hand next to his body again and they kept walking side by side, toward a destination that Yashiro did not know; she let herself be guided by him.

"You may have met many people so far; none have impacted your life. Kirino Touko clearly has and that surprises you. Not in the same way as Ouryou Rikako has, still..."

Yashiro blinked a couple of times as he looked at her out of the corner of his eye.

"I was so confident trying to help Rikako..."

"To... save her."

"That I lost Kirino-san."

His eyes sparkled, "You were having influence on her as well. But you must know that no matter how much effort you put in—a child will always become what his will desires. Everyone seeks freedom—even if they don't know what it means."

They stopped when the traffic light turned green and when it came back to red, they kept walking.

"My psycho pass has been decreasing since then."

He released a short chuckle and only then did he turn to her, his face shinning with an almost affectionate smile, "People worry if their hues go black, yet you worry if it melts into white."

They arrived at Inokashira Park and began to walk more slowly as nature fell upon them. They kept in silence from then on, for some people gathered around to take pictures of the lake right beside them. As soon as they walked away Yashiro muttered, "About Kirino Touko..."

"Yes?"

"Don't ever come near her again," she shot back.

His mouth suddenly curved showing part of his teeth, "Or what?"

Psycho Pass: Apology Of An EndgameOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara