Chapter 24- The Puppetmaster

En başından başla

"I can't sleep," I respond. "Can I sleep with you?"

"Of course." Sokka said making room for me in the bed.

I laid my head against his chest as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

Minutes later Sokka was completed knocked out.

The next morning, Sokka was now sleeping on the floor because I had pushed him at night, his snoring was unbelievable.

"Wakey-wakey," I hear a raspy voice say. "Time to go shopping."

After everyone woke up, we all went out shopping at the marketplace for food. Sokka overhead a conversation between two men.

"People disappearing in the woods," Sokka says. "Weird stuff during full moons, this just reeks of spirit world shenanigans."

"I bet if we take a little walk around town we'll find out what these people did to the environment to make the spirits mad." Aang suggests.

"And then you can sew up this little mystery, lickety-split, Avatar-style ft. The Sun Spirit."

"Helping people," Aang smiles. "That's what I do."

"Ft. The Sun Spirit, really Sokka?"

"What? You're the second most powerful bender." He responds.

"Guys, I think I lost my firebending when Toph, Katara, and I were in jail." I confess.

"What?" Aang gasps. "So you won't be able to teach me firebending? That amazi- I mean terrible, so darn terrible."

"Thanks for your concern." I mutter.

"What happened there? You never told me." Sokka says.

"Oh, just some rude guard threw Soul in a cooler." Toph casually says.

"A what?" Sokka shouts.

We stopped in front of Katara and Hama.

"Why don't you all take those things back in the inn?I just have to run a couple more errands. I'll be back in a little while."

"This is a mysterious, little town you have here." Sokka says getting in Hama's face.

"Mysterious town for mysterious children." Hama oddly smiles, walking away.

Sokka and I give her the stank eye.

We walk back to Hama's inn, placing the food on the counters.

"That Hama seems a little strange," Sokka hums. "Like she knows something, or she's hiding something."

"Yeah, I don't like her."

"Soul, you don't like anyone." Katara says.

I roll my eyes ignoring her comment.

"And Sokka, that's ridiculous. She's a nice woman who took us in and gave us a place to stay. She kind of reminds me of Gran-Gran."

"But what did she mean by that comment mysterious children?"

"Gee, I don't know," Katara responds. "Maybe because she found five strange kids camping in the woods at night? Isn't that a little mysterious?"

"No, Katara it's called camping." I mutter.

"I'm gonna take a look around." Sokka says grabbing my wrist as we walk up the stairs.

"Sokka," Katara calls out. "Sokka, what are you doing? You can't just snoop around someone's house."

"It'll be fine." Sokka answers.

"She could be home any minute." Aang worriedly says.

Sokka uncovers a cupboard filled with wooden puppets in the hallway.