No. More than a cat. The animal was much bigger, though it resembled a feline.

Eric blinked. What was it? And why was it in your front yard?

He took a few steps forward, then stood still in his spot, watching the catlike animal. What it was, he had no idea. But what he did know was that the animal stood very still with its catlike eyes on him. Watching.

Watching him.

Then it moved.

At first Eric didn't know what to do. But then he figured that maybe it was best to remain in his spot. After all he didn't know what the animal was planning on doing.

Yet on another subject, it acted a little strange, as if somehow it knew him or something. Like it recognized him, which didn't make any sense. How could it? Eric never saw it before!

The large cat walked toward him slowly, its eyes never leaving him. Eventually it stopped a few feet away, allowing Eric to look at it more. Pretty soon his eyes met the feline's, and that's when it ran off.

Strange.

***

Days passed.

It ended up being over a week since you've canceled your date with Eric. The two of you haven't seen nor spoken to each other since then. You haven't been able to plan another date, either.

But on this specific day, you made the decision to change all that. Why?

Because you were going to tell him.

You felt guilty since that day, saying that you had to go to Peter's house even though it wasn't true. Not true at all. So that meant you lied to Eric, and you didn't like it. You couldn't deal with it.

And with that being said, you were going to tell him your secret. You had to tell him the truth. No matter what.

You picked up the phone and dialed Eric's number, your hands shaking the entire time. It was obvious that you were nervous, and you tried your best to ignore the feeling.

The phone rang once. Twice. On the third ring, Eric picked up. "Hello?"

"Hi Eric," you greeted.

"Y/N?"

"Yeah." You stared at the floor. "Listen, Eric, can you come over? It's important for me to talk to you in person."

Silence on the other end. Then he said, "I don't know, Y/N. You're not going to disappear on me again, are you?"

A chill went down your spine. "Disappear?"

"Yeah. You left a note at my house, remember? I came by but you never answered the door."

You blinked. This was both new and surprising. "What time was it?"

"Around nighttime."

Oh.

You drummed your fingers against the countertop nervously. "Well I won't disappear on you this time, Eric. I promise."

More silence.

"Okay, Y/N," he said finally. "I'll come over."

But what was minutes felt like hours. Perhaps it was because you were nervous. Nervous to tell about your secret, about being a werecat. Nervous to find out his reaction. Just how would he react?

Would he be mad? Scared? What would he do? Leave? Run away? Never interact with you again?

All of those things were possible. But which one will it be?

Pretty soon there was a knock on the door, startling you. Already? You got up and headed toward the front door to answer it.

Eric.

You let him in.

"What is it that you want to tell me, Y/N?" he asked after walking inside. You closed the door, biting your lip.

"I have something to tell you," you said. "Something I've kept for so long."

"A secret?"

"Yeah," you replied, nodding slowly. "A secret. It's actually the real reason why I canceled our date last week."

He raised his eyebrows.

You hesitated, then said, "I'm a werecat."

Silence.

The drummer blinked. "A what?"

"A werecat," you repeated. "Like a werewolf, but more like a cat."

Eric stared at you, furrowing his brow. "Is this a joke?"

"What? No." You shook your head. "It's the truth. Every full moon I turn into one, which was why I canceled our date last week."

"Because it was a full moon."

"Right." You paused. "I've been like this a couple of years now. And sometimes I find it weird, you know? There's my brother Peter Criss, who was Catman in Kiss, and then there's me, Y/N Criss, his sister. A werecat. An actual werecat. They exist, believe it or not."

Eric tilted his head slightly after hearing your words, looking at you. That's when you realized he was doing it again. He was being curious, just like the day you've met. And that's when you also realized how he was taking the news. He didn't freak out or anything. He was just . . . calm.

And this shocked you.

"Tell me, Y/N," he started. "When I came to your house that night, I saw a catlike animal outside in your front yard. Was that . . . you?"

You froze.

Eric saw.

You swallowed hard. "I went outside before my transformation. Did you really see . . ."

"It wasn't anything I've seen before, I can tell you that," he said. "But I saw a big animal that resembled a cat. Was that you?"

"Well I don't remember what I did but yeah, that was me. Most likely." You bit your lip, then sighed, shaking your head afterwards. "Listen, Eric. If you leave, I'll understand. It's okay."

Eric blinked. "What?"

"If you leave, I'll understand. If you want to avoid me and never interact with me again, I'll understand that, too. I know this is a big thing to comprehend, so . . ." You glanced at the floor.

"Y/N, hey." Eric placed a finger under your chin, lifting your head up so that you were looking at him. "Does Peter know about this?"

"No."

"Do any of the others? Gene, Paul, Bruce?"

"No. No one knows. Not my family, not my friends. Just me." You paused, then added, "and now you."

Eric placed a hand on your cheek, caressing it with his thumb. "It's okay, Y/N. I'll be there for you."

You stared at him, surprised by his words. "You will?"

"Yes. I won't leave you, okay?" He kissed your forehead, then pulled you into a hug. "This is a big thing, I can tell you that. It's going to take me awhile to get used to this but I won't leave you, Y/N. Ever."

"Okay." You rested your head against his shoulder, feeling relieved. "Okay."