Eric Singer #1

Começar do início

Until tonight.

***

Eric couldn't stop thinking about the phone call.

It was strange. You've never canceled a date before, nor did you ever act like the way you did earlier. It sounded as if you couldn't wait to end the call.

Or maybe it didn't mean anything. Maybe he was just overthinking. Perhaps you do have to go to your brother's house. But why didn't you say that before?

"I forgot. I agreed to the date because I thought I didn't have anything to do."

Were you telling the truth? Of course you were. You wouldn't lie to him.

Or would you?

Eric then thought about the day you two met. There was something about you that day. Something he couldn't figure out and it had to do with your eyes. That was why he looked at you so curiously. And since then he forgot about it.

Until now.

He let out a sigh. Maybe he should just let it go.

So that's what he did.

But something happened that night. Eric had just gotten back home and was about to unlock the door when he noticed a small envelope on the ground. He bent down to pick it up and open it.

Inside was a note written by you:

Dear Eric,

I've tried calling you a few times earlier but you never picked up. So I decided to drop by and leave a little note. I'm really sorry about the way I acted on the phone. Do you think you could come by later today? Before nightfall?

Sincerely,

Y/N

Eric frowned. It must've been daytime when you left the note. He didn't expect to come home late so when he read the note, it was already nighttime.

The drummer read the note again.

Before nightfall.

What did that mean?

You sounded so urgent. Why? And why did you want him to come to your house before nightfall? Was something wrong?

Letting out a sigh, he turned around and headed back to his car. The only way to find out was to drive to your house, which was exactly what he planned on doing.

It took him awhile to arrive at your house but when he did, it was clear that you were home. Your vehicle was parked in the driveway and the lights were on inside. Eric turned off the ignition and got out of his car.

The sky was dark. A full moon was visible, shining silvery light onto the ground. Eric went up to your front door and knocked.

Nothing.

He knocked a few more times and waited.

The door didn't open. He frowned. "Y/N?"

No response.

This confused him. Wouldn't you answer the door by now? After all you were home - your car and the lights inside proved it!

Unless you stepped outside for some reason. Or perhaps you were in a place where you couldn't hear his knocking.

He knocked some more. "Y/N?"

No answer.

"Y/N, are you home?"

Silence.

Shaking his head, Eric turned away from the door, ready to leave when suddenly a figure dashed across the yard. It stepped into the moonlight, revealing its true self, which was . . . a cat?