Wendy

First of all I would like to say how incredible sorry I am. Like so incredibly sorry. Like really, really sorry. I've tried so many different beginning's/versions of this new story (or revised version of Talk Disney To Me) and I just ouldn't seem to get it right. I've been struggling a lot with it which is why it has been so long.  So, I've finally think I might've gotten somewhere with this version and I wanted to share it with you becaue I feel so incredibly bad over my four month absences and I really, really want you to tell me what you think of this.

This is basically just like a short preview to the first chapter of Wendy (revised version of Talk Dissney To Me) I really hope you like it! Let me know your thoughts if you have any, please, I really want to know if its good and if anyone likes it. Thank you and have I mentioned how terribly sorry  I am? :)  

Wendy

“Talk Disney to me.”

Chapter One

Peter Pan

On December 24th, 2013, my mother overdosed on medication and died. I found her. On the floor of her bedroom, her body cold and her eyes closed. She didn’t leave a note. She didn’t leave me anything in her will. And she made me an orphan.

      But no, I’m not bitter.

      It’s funny how autumn is so beautiful when really it’s nothing but a dying season that kills off everything to prepare for an icy blast of winter. It truly is beautiful, no matter how morbid the literally meaning of it is. Who really needs “literal meanings” anyways? The metaphoric qualities of things have such a pleasant appeal. They even come packaged in a nice shiny word ribbon and paper that has to be torn and ripped open to find what’s on the inside.

     I suppose it’s only appropriate, considering autumn is the “dying season,” to visit a grave yard during its time period. I like the dark humor in it.

     “How about you, mom,” I brushed some of the fallen leaves off of her headstone. “Do you find it funny?”

      In the distance, the sounds of birds and street cars sounded. A cricket chirped.

      “No?” I sighed. “Didn’t think so.”

      I shifted on the damp grass and looked up at the darkening sky. “Maybe if you had more of a sense of humor you wouldn’t have swallowed those pills.”

      The trees rustled and a fleet of squawking birds flee. “Too far? Alright, I’m sorry; you know I was never good with words.”

     “How about I change the subject? Okay? What’s new with me? Uh, let’s see. I’m grounded for sneaking out of the house last Friday night – no wonder, dad’s a real buzz kill, I can see why you divorced him – oh and I’m going to this new elite school in Brooklyn on Monday. That should be fun.” I rolled my eyes. “This is ridiculous, mom. I was perfectly happy where I was, going to St. Shitty High School and being with my shitty friends. But now I have to go to this stupid ass school that has stupid ass rules and stupid ass uniforms. Uniforms, mom. I have to wear a fûcking uniform.” I huffed angrily and crossed my arms. I shifted my body on the grass and fell back. My hair sprawled around me and I stared up at the sky as I lay besides my mother’s headstone. “Things have seriously gone to hell without you, mom. I want you to come back. I need you to come back.”

     I breathed deeply and waited for an answer.

     Obviously, I got none.

     The birds had stopped chirping and the sounds of the road were long gone and quiet. I closed my eyes just for a minute and breathed out. Tears rolled past my closed lids but it was quiet still. I breathed out again and my body embraced the cold that surrounded us. I hadn’t really noticed it before but the air was bitter. Almost as bitter as me.