10: My lovely husband

Start from the beginning

"Shut. Up. You're not my father Techno!"

"Look, son. I know you love this guy. And he may be green and homeless but...."

"TECHNO OH MY GOD!" I said, finally succumbing to the laughter I've held in.

We share a laugh and it got to the point where Techno had to stop and pull over for a moment while we caught our breathe.

"Hahaa....aaahhhh But seriously dude, have fun. I know how much you like him and this could be a chance for you two to get closer!"

"I know, I know. It's just that...isn't this a bit weird?"

"How so?" Techno asked, pulling back onto the main road.

He turns on his headlights as we drive down the highway, watching the sunset on the horizon.

"Like...just think about it. One minute, we're at all at school. Next, we're trying to catch this serial stalker. Then, we're at a charity ball with celebrity online people. And now look, I'm traveling miles across the country for a guy I turned down."

"hmmm...that is strange. I think I saw a fanfic of this once on that book site. I forgot what its called..wattpad?"

"Pfttt, no no. It's just, it's like...happening so quickly. I still get shocked when I realize the situation I'm in."

"You make it sound like it's a bad thing."

"It's not! It's just a little bit..."

"Awkward?"

"Yeah."

"Ah, I see."

We end our conversation when we pull up to the airport. We check in through outside security and then Techno helps me load my stuff onto a dolly. He helps me check in my luggage, which reminded me to check the time before my flight. 7:15. Huh, exactly one hour before.

I grab my personal item and carry-on to TSA, but before I go in line I say my goodbyes to Techno.

"Stay safe out there, okay?" Techno says as he brings me into a hug.

"Of course, of course. I'll call you both when I land."

"You better. Or else you're grounded mister." He says, pulling away and putting his hands on his side for comedic effect.

"Oh my god, please stop."

"No, I will tell them to turn the plane around if I have to young man!"

We laugh and he watches me as I go into the line. Couple minutes go by and I'm putting back on my shoes to see Techno still looking for me. We make eye contact and he enthusiastically waves at me. I wave back and slowly walk backwards until he's out of sight.

~

I make my way to my gate, taking out a fresh face mask out of my backpack and putting it on. It's become a habit of mine since a couple of my friends suggested I start doing it. Better safe than sorry.

(Legit A/N: Please wear your masks. Dead serious here.)

I look at a photo of the ticket on my phone and walk around aimlessly for my gate. I find it after a while and see a surprisingly small group of people waiting in the chairs. I head up to the main desk and check in.

"Hi, my name is Jeremy Atherton. Here's my ticket." I said, showing my phone to the flight attendant.

"Ah, welcome Mr. Atherton. You're in the economy class, so please take a seat and we will start boarding you all shortly."