"Hey Jeremy! I- uh, just came home. George and Sapnap are out right now so I just...decided to call you if that was okay."

"Well, I did answer didn't I? hehe"

"Haha, yeah I guess you did."

"..."

"..."

"So...you wanna talk about it?"

"We kind of have to."

"What did you mean when you said that you weren't deserving of love?"

"Insecurity I guess. I just...kind of froze on that. I didn't think that we could be a thing. Trust me I did, it's just that I made an impulsive decision and immediately regretted it."

"But why tell me now. Like you said, It's been a year since we went on a date. And you just...didn't think it could happen even though you wanted it to?"

"If that's the way to put it then yes."

"Jeremy."

"Clay."

"You...You deserve love okay? You deserve to be happy. You've worked so hard for it. You've dealt with more bullshit that I could imagine. You were there during the whole ball drama, you were there for Techno when he didn't know what to do. You apologized to Danni and stuck up for them, constantly. Jeremy, I've seen you done amazing things. And, the least you could accept is compassion from someone who likes you."

"Likes? as in present tense?"

"I mean...yeah. I still like you, but I wanted to respect you decision."

"..."

"..."

"I still like you too Clay."

"Then what do we do now?" Clay asked, I could hear the rustle of items followed by a small meow. I assumed he had taken patches in his arms.

"Take it slow? If that's okay?"

"It's more than okay. I'll take it slow."

"Okay, Thank you."

"Anytime Jeremy, now...did you unpack yet? Danni told me that they snuck in some snacks for you in your suitcase."

"So that's why it was so heavy!"

The call erupts with laughter, a calming kind. I missed this, so much.

~

Time skip: Like....up to March 3rd?

We did end up taking it slow. One day at a time, me and Clay got more comfortable around each other again. The fans started noticing it too, pretty soon there were shippers of me and Clay. Personally, I'm beginning to suspect that some of them have started to write fanfictions of us. Anyways, the end of the year was rolling around. I still had nowhere to live. Clay offered me a spare room in Florida with Sapnap and George, but I think four guys in one place might be a bit crowded.