6: The MCC Charity Ball! pt. 1

Começar do início

"Ignore them, It's nice to finally see you Dream." Said Puffy.

"Thanks, It's good to finally have my face out."

Dream smiles sweetly at all of us. Jesus, if I look at him any longer I'll get a cavity.

The six of us continued making small talk and eating food. I can't remember the last time I've felt so cozy with friends. Michael and Lily have the most funniest, yet sweet dynamic I've seen. George may seem like a quiet, basic, popular streamer but he's a lot more than that. Puffy is the really wholesome mom friend that I will protect with my life.

And as for Dream?

Dream is absolutely amazing.

His laugh is infectious, and his smile just makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside. His intellect of computers just fascinates me so much. I'm always drawn as he explains coding and how him and George did the shock videos.

When the group asked me what I did for a living, I told them I was an English Major. Almost immediately, they asked me questions. Mainly along the lines of "Is it a hard course?"and "Have you published any books yet?".

I was a bit overwhelmed, not because of the questions but the feeling of Dream's gaze towards me. It sort of made me feel a bit flushed and of course George noticed it. I felt George hit my leg from my left and tried not to start a chain reaction towards Dream on my right.

I tried distracting myself, so I looked around. I spotted Danni speaking to a guy wearing a beanie. I also saw Sapnap at the buffet table. One thing that definitely distracted me was one of the servers.

She has the staff uniform on, wearing a ponytail. If she thinks she can try hiding her identity by wearing a face mask then she is wrong.

Fucking Katherine was here. Bitcherine was here!

I noticed something strange however, she wasn't eyeing me. She was eyeing Danni. Specifically Danni and the guy they were talking to. I think his name was Quackity?

Katherine's gaze was, of course, concerning. She had the look of murder in her eyes. For some reason, it reminded me of her back at my apartment. When I pinned her down, she just kept staring at me with the same look.

My palms started sweating, I could feel my chair sway underneath me. I started breathing a bit heavy and my vision was getting blurred. Whether it was tears or dryness, I could never tell.

I calmed a bit when I felt someone softly grab my hand.

I looked and saw Dream looking at me with concern. The rest of the group was still talking so only he and I were aware of each other.

"Hey, you okay Jeremy?" He asks.

No. No I'm not okay, my stalker is here and is possibly plotting against my best friends. I started to breath even harder and squeezed his hand.

"O-oh uh let's just get some fresh air first okay?" He says, squeezing my hand back and motioning towards the door.

I nod, rather quickly as Dream excused the both of us.

Hand still in mine, he guided me out of the restaurant as everyone else watched us. I couldn't help but feel even more out of it and looked down at my feet as we walked. It felt like everything was hazy and not real. I couldn't comprehend anything and relied on Dream's guidance.

We exited the restaurant and we sat in the lobby of the hotel. Still hyperventilating a bit, Dream let me gather my thoughts and waited until my state softened. I did eventually, and looked up at Dream who was still looking at me in concern.