Aashna ~ 5

Dedicated to elinasani 💕

≤≥≤≥≤≥

Meher's death came as a wave of shock, no one knows how to overcome this grief. They were still coping with Sahir's death, and Meher's sudden death wounded them deeply.

Everyone was crying in their misery. No one knew how to handle Rayyan and Rumaisa.

Rumaisa was easy to handle, the little girl recognizes Mashal's arm's warmth as her mother's. But no one had answer to Rayyan's question.

"Pehle papa Gaye ab mamma. Mujhe bhi unke paas Jana Hai." Crossing his arms over his chest, Rayyan complained.

(Papa left me and now mamma too. I also want to them.)

"Rayyan!" Mashal's voice trembles in fear. "Aisa nahi kehte."

(Don't say this.)

Picking Rayyan in her arms and placing him in her lap, she softly caresses his hair. "See, Papa jaha haina.. woh waha bohot akele the,woh aap log ko miss bhi bohot kar hain lekin woh aap log ko nahi bula sakte na apne paas. Toh mamma ne socha, yaha toh sab hain apke paas, main, Shehry Chachu, dadi, nana, nani aur Rumi. Lekin papa ke paas koi nahi tha. Isliye Mamma papa ke paas gayi hain. Aur Mamma kabhi nahi chahengi ki aap ya Rumi upset ho iss wajah se. Mamma papa apse bohot pyaar karte hain. Lekin woh apko apne paas nahi bula sakte,"

(Papa was alone where he is... He misses you all there. So Mamma thought, you have everyone na, Me, Shehry Chachu, Dadi, Nana Nani and Rumi. But papa had no one, that's why Mamma went to him. But Mamma and Papa don't want you to get upset. They love you a lot, that's why they can't call you there.)

"Kyu?" Rayyan innocently asked.

(Why?)

"Abhi tum bohot chote ho, tum nahi samajh paoge."

(You are very young, you won't understand.)

Shehryaar, who has just returned from office and heard their conversation, entered the living room.

"Rayyan!" He sat beside Mashal on the sofa and tap Rayyan's head.

"Khabardar jo dubara Mamma Papa ke paas jane ki baat ki. Rumi ka khayal kon rakhega? Tum bade bhai ho na uske?" Rayyan quickly nods his head.

(Don't ever talk about going to Mamma and Papa. Who will take care of Rumi? You are her elder brother.)

"Main Rumi ka bohot khayal rakhunga." Solemnly promising, Rayyan climbed down from Mashal's lap to run where Rumaisa was, with her grandmother.

(I'll take care of her.)

Mashal's sorrowful gaze was fixed on Rayyan until he was out of her side. She averts her eyes from the door which bumped into Shehryaar's, Who was looking at her.
The eye contact made both of them startled, as they started looking on another side.

"Ahem" Mashal cleared her throat, which made Shehryaar looked at her.

"Aap... Aap ko lunch serve kar doon?" She hesitantly asked.

(Should... Should I serve you lunch?)

Mashal's most of the time spent here at Yazdani Haveli.

Sana had to return to her house after a few days of Meher's death. Rubina was already fragile to look after her oneself. No one wanted to leave Rayyan and Rumaisa in the care of a nanny.

Mashal was giving all her time to Rayyan and Rumaisa, not getting time for herself or her school. She would come to Haveli early in the morning to wake Rayyan and Rumaisa and feed them. Sometimes, she would take them with her to her house, or sometime she would stay here. Only leaves when Shehryaar returns from office.

Pyaar Ki Dastaa'n | Short Stories | 3rd Book |рдЬрд╣рд╛рдБ рдХрд╣рд╛рдирд┐рдпрд╛рдБ рд░рд╣рддреА рд╣реИрдВред рдЕрднреА рдЦреЛрдЬреЗрдВ