Chapter 17

Olivia

The first couple of weeks at school have been..interesting. Having to get caught up with classes and trying to manage myself around Draco has been a bigger task than I originally thought. The only class I have with him this year is potions and I am thankful. If I had to deal with almost every class with him, I don't know if I could manage. I have been spending most of my time with Harry, Ron, and Hermione because Dean has been with Daphne so much. It doesn't upset me though, I am happy for him.

I try to distract myself from thoughts of Draco with the Slytherin Gryffindor Quidditch match today. It has been all Ron has talked about for the whole week. I can tell he is nervous about the game by the way his eyes fall everytime Harry brings up having to win. I know we will, I believe in Ron.

"You're going to sit with me during the game right?" Hermione breaks my thoughts with her question.

"Yeah, of course." I respond, blinking my eyes away from zoning out.

"Great, ask Dean if he is sitting with us. I assume he will since Daphne will probably be with her house." Hermione says getting up from the couch in the common room to go get ready for the game.

I give Hermione a nod before she disappears upstairs. As she leaves my view, Seamus appears with full Gryffindor face paint ready for the match.

"Nice face." I say to him with a small laugh.

"You laugh all you want, but there is nothing wrong with a little team spirit Olivia." Seamus proudly says back to me.

"Hey Dean, will you be sitting with me and Hermione during the match today?" I ask him from across the room.

"Yeah, of course." he responds, lifting his head up to look at me. As much time as he has been spending with Daphne, he has been good about checking in on me with how I'm doing with the breakup. I just feel a little distant from him is all.

I spend the rest of the hour waiting for Hermione before heading down to the Quidditch field. I look through my homework and different notes I have from class. Hermione finally appears and we walk together to the field.

"I think Ron is going to do well." Hermione sounds a little hesitant saying this.

"Don't worry 'mione, he will do great." I only say this to try and dissolve any worry she has for him. I also do think Ron has more spirit in him than he leads on. More people should see it.

We get our seats to watch the game, before I know it the game is about to begin and Dean shows up next to me just in time. We watch as Ron does amazing the whole game. I knew he would be great at Quidditch. I quickly realize Draco isn't playing. He isn't even at the game? Did he quit playing? There is no chance? Draco loves Quidditch more than anything, he would'nt just stop playing? The thoughts of Draco quickly disappear as we win the game.

Winning a Quidditch game is one of the best feelings, especially against Slytherin. It feels like you have no other worries and it's all just a celebration. We all gather in the common room after the game to celebrate. Fred and George have drinks for everyone to cheer with.

"To bloody Gryffindor and all of our house endeavours!" Fred says raising his glass in the air to everyone.

I take a sip of the drink to taste a familiar liquid. Firewhiskey. My eyes drop for a moment thinking about the last time I drank this, with Draco.

"Come on Olivia! We are about to play a drinking game, join us!" Harry says grabbing my hand to the corner of the room. I look to see Fred, George, Angelina, Hermione, Ron, Dean, Ginny, Lavender, and Cormac sitting in a circle with a bottle of Firewhiskey in the center of them.