Chapter 15

Olivia

I sit in my kitchen with my family cat, Milton, by the window as I watch the sunset over the hills. I wait for my owl to return with hopefully a letter from Harry. I try to write to him as much as I can after Sirius died. The last days of school were hard to watch. After what my friends went through, I can tell there is a change in the air.

I haven't heard from Draco since he left to go home. My aunt's wedding is tomorrow and I can only assume he won't be able to come. I have written to him almost everyday and yet, no response. I don't understand why he is so busy that he can't send me a letter just to let me know he is at least alive.

"Heard from Harry yet?" I hear as my father turns the corner to join me by the windowsill.

"No."

"I bet Ron and Hermione are taking care of him, don't worry too much darling." My father says as he rests his hand on my shoulder.

"I haven't heard from Draco yet either. Father, I really want you to meet him."

"I would love to meet the Malfoy boy, I bet he has a good reason for not being able to come." He says looking down at me with eyes full of sympathy.

I turn my head back to the window feeling a bit sad. I wish someone would write back to me. Dean hasn't even written much this summer. He is with Daphne and her family at her grandparents home. I have started feeling pretty alone at my fathers house.

"Come now darling, I have made dinner." My father says grabbing my attention away from my thoughts.

As I sit with my father, we have the same small talk as every other night. I love being with my father but we both know things feel weird within the wizarding world. My father has always been very good with intuitions and he knows something is happening.

I feel like we are all just waiting for the ball to drop. I can't help but stay on edge. At Hogwarts I felt completely safe within the walls of the castle, now that I am home, it feels as though I have no protection besides my father.

"What time is aunt Melonie coming in the morning with everyone?" I ask my father as we continue to eat our dinner.

My aunt is having her wedding at our home. My father has a large property that his father gave to him. It has been in our family for decades and I won't lie, it really is a beautiful place for a wedding.

"Around a quarter to noon." I nod at his response. I love my aunt. She is like my second mother. She's my mothers sister, and after my mother died she took on the role for her. She is one of the kindest funniest people I know. She also studied at Hogwarts when she was younger.

My father and I finish our dinner discussing tomorrow and the preparation for it.

"Try and get some sleep. Don't dwell on Harry or Draco right now. I promise everything will be alright." My father says to me as he brings me into a loving hug.

I head up to bed after a long shower. As I sit in bed I look to my nightstand to see the small silver thimble Draco gave me. I grab it and start to move it within my fingers. A part of my stomach has a bad feeling about Draco. I don't know what it is, but this feeling hasn't left ever since I got home.

I put the thimble back on my nightstand before getting under my covers. I tear slips my eyes as I think about this feeling. I wish more than anything it would go away.

______

I wake up the next morning with tired eyes from the lack of sleep. I start to gather a few of my things before heading downstairs to greet Melonie. My father is in the kitchen already making tea.