Chapter 44

The crowd of men start moving throughout the Great Hall. As Dolohov ends his speech I watch as he holds his grip on Pansy's arm guiding her out of the room. Her head remains high as she keeps her eyes locked forward.

I turn to Draco, "Draco.."

"I am going to deal with this immediately." He turns to Blaise, Theo and Adrian giving them a look to follow him out of the Hall. Daphne walks to me and places her hand on my arm.

The boys move quickly out of the Hall as I am unaware of what is going to happen. Daphne leans into me, "It will all be okay." She keeps her face neutral to hide her emotions from the others

"This is all my fault." I hush my words back to her.

She turns to look me in the eyes, "No it isn't."

I can't help but have the feeling in my stomach that I have not had in a while. It's deep and makes me think I may be sick all over the floor.

Pansy was not supposed to have this happen to her. There are no other men that are on the Slytherins side of The Order that can help her. The fact that there can only be one broken paragon to a household is one restriction that makes this all the more difficult.

"What are we to do while we wait?" I ask.

She lets out a deep sigh, "We should go home. It isn't proper to stay as ladies while the men bet."

My mouth drops slightly, "I can't just leave? What if something happens?"

She tugs me to indicate to start walking, "It doesn't matter. There is nothing you can do. Malfoy would want you to go back to The Manor where you are safe."

We move out of the Great Hall slowly. I watch as more men make their way up the stairs with drinks in their hands and laughs coming from their stomachs.

As we start to walk down the main corridor I hear a loud voice echo from around the corner. Daphne looks to me with concern as we both silently agree to go look.

We turn down to the left and see several men gathered around Oliver.

"This isn't fucking right! You all are sick people!" He screams from his lungs as tears run down his face.

Pansy's father grips him by his collar pushing him up against the wall, "You watch your fucking mouth, or I will beat it off of you!"

Olivers face is bright red as his wall breaks in front of us, "I don't give a shit! Fucking kill me! That is your goddamn daughter up there!" the veins in his neck pop out from his screams, "You are fucking disgusting for letting this happen!" I feel tears swell in my eyes as I watch.

All in one quick motion, Mr. Parkinson points his wand at Oliver as he mutters, "Crucio."

Oliver falls to the floor screeching out in pain. Pansy's father stands above him with a wicked smirk across his face. The other men around them laugh as they watch this former Gryffindor crumble.

My breaths are shaky as I look down at Oliver knowing there is nothing I can do to stop this. Only last night the two of they were wrapped in each other's arms making promises of a safe haven. Now they lay miles apart unable to save one another from the devil that engulfs this world.

"We need to leave." Daphne breaks my thoughts. I try and hold myself back from blinking a tear down my face and give her a nod in agreement.

She tugs my arm back down to the corridor we came from. Her feet move quicker than mine as I try and wrap my mind around the past hour.

When we exit the castle, the rain continues to pour down on us. Daphne apparates us back to The Manor before I can think of a way to stay and solve this problem.