Chapter 4: Confidence

I woke up this morning, and I had so much on my mind that I was determined to do to gain more confidence and express my feelings to my family members. I wanted to join the drama club at lunch times, join the public speaking competition and join book club ( which is where you read a book and tell everyone else what it's about and whether you enjoyed it or not ).
I need to find some way to become less shy all the time. It gets on my nerves when I want to to something that involves being in front of people and I just don't have the guts to get up their and talk or do what I want to do.

So today I went to school and joined the drama club. I knew as soon as I walked into the room with Kate that it would boost my confidence significantly. I noticed a few other girls from my year in the room too so maybe I could make more friends by coming here. Kate and I made our way over to Miss Ziegler and I told her about how I wanted to become more confident and get involved in more things. She let me join and Kate and I went to sit down next to these girls named Maisie and Izzie. I knew who Maisie was because she was in the same form as me, however, I didn't really know Izzie. Maisie began talking to me then both Izzie and Kate got into the conversation. We were talking about Youtubers and both girls said that they really enjoyed Zoella, PointlessBlog & Tanya Burr's videos. I decided not to tell them about Zoë and Joe being my brother and sister because I didn't really know either of them as much as I knew Kate. I didn't know whether I could trust them not to go bonkers and run around the school telling everyone. I was told by my parents when I first started year 5 to not tell anyone about Zoë and Joe being my siblings. I think that if I did share my secret of being the youngest Sugg, everyone would go crazy about it and, suddenly, everyone would want to be my friend to get to meet Zoë and Joe. I wouldn't want that to happen though. Although I'd be the most popular girl in the school, everyone wouldn't want to be MY friend, they would just want to meet my famous siblings.

So, in drama club, I found out that Miss Ziegler, the drama and music department were putting to get a show to represent the school.
"What do you think Chloe? About being part of the school production." Said Kate.
"I can't wait!" I said.
Kate, Izzie and Maisie had already been in a couple of school productions and shows. I haven't ever done such a thing because I'm so shy.
"Have you never done anything like this before Chloe? Maisie asked.
"No." I said. " I guess I've been just too shy to do anything like this before and now I've decided to come out of my shell and show everyone what I can do."
It felt quite good saying that. Only because they don't know what I'm capable of doing ( neither do I really ).
" well, I'm looking forward to your audition then Chloe!" said Maisie excitedly.
"Audition?" I thought. "I didn't know you have to audition for a school production?!"
" And yes, you do have to audition for these kind of things Chloe!" Said Kate. It's like she had read my mind and knew what I was thinking!

Ok. An audition. Ok. I think I'm ready to take this opportunity and try not to freak out in front of my teachers or whoever is in the room while I'm auditioning and try not to embarrass myself.

I'm Chloe Mae Sugg and I can do anything that makes me happy.