004

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗬

chapter four:the read through !

chapter four:
the read through !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

ATHENA, STILL SHOCKED at the fact she got both Kelsi and Gabriella's Understudy, entered the bomb shelter with Violetta for the very first read through of High School Musical: The Musical. A circle of desks and chairs was in the center of the room with name tags for each of the characters. Athena spotted Ricky and Big Red leaning up against the piano. Ricky gave her a small wave once he noticed her, and she sent one back with a grin.

"What I don't get is how Troy and Gabriella got the leads when Sharpay and Ryan had been training in musical theater their entire lives," Violetta ranted, throwing her backpack on the floor, making Athena jump in surprise. "How is that fair?"

"Don't be so aggressive," Athena scolded, placing her backpack down on the floor next to Violetta's gently. "And I don't know, Vi. Why don't you call up Kenny Ortega and ask him yourself?"

"Gee, thanks," Violetta replied sarcastically. "I'll be sure to do that later."

The two of them walked up to the circle of desks. However, they spotted EJ trying to switch the Troy and Chad name cards so that he would be sitting next to Nini instead of Ricky. Athena raised an eyebrow at him and crossed her arms while Violetta narrowed her eyes at him. He sent them a charming smile back.

"Not today, Pretty Boy," Violetta told him, nodding her head at the cards. "Go on, put them back."

EJ sighed and reluctantly put them back. Athena sent him a fake sweet smile before turning around, sharing an exasperated look with Violetta.

"Ok, I may be his cousin, but I definitely admire the way you put him in his place," a redheaded girl next to them said. She stuck out her hand. "Hi, I'm Ashlyn. I play Ms. Darbus."

Violetta shook her hand. "Violetta. I play Martha. And this is my best friend Athena."

"Oh, you're Kelsi and Gabriella's Understudy, right?" Ashlyn asked.

Athena nodded. "Yeah, that's me."

"That song you auditioned with was so amazing," Ashlyn complimented. "And you said it was an original?"

"Yeah," Athena answered, all of the sudden feeling very comfortable around this girl. "I wrote it for—"

She was cut off by somebody slinging an arm around her shoulder. Athena went to smile at the familiar feeling of whose arm it was, but instead she sneezed from the strong smell radiating off them. She picked her head up to see Ricky staring at her with a confused expression.