009

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗬

chapter nine:when he thought of home, hethought of her !

chapter nine:
when he thought of home, he
thought of her !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"POPCORN OR ICE cream?" Artemis asked from the kitchen.

After a long week of school, and in Athena's case, rehearsals, the two sisters decided to have a movie night. While Artemis got the snacks from the kitchen, Athena was scrolling through Netflix to try and find a movie to watch. Ultimately, she stopped on Clueless, an all-time classic.

"Popcorn," Athena decided. "So I can enjoy it throughout the entire movie and not just in the first couple of minutes."

Artemis quickly made the popcorn before walking into the living room. She placed the bowl of popcorn down on the coffee table. Just as Athena went to press play, a knock was sounded at the door.

"Seriously?" Artemis complained. "Can't we just get one hour of peace?"

"Quiet, Artie," Athena scolded. "Let me go get it."

Athena stood up from the couch. She ran her hand through her hair in effort to make it look better for whoever was standing outside. Athena opened the door to reveal Ricky standing there. He was holding his skateboard and helmet in his hands but was on the verge of dropping them because his hands were shaking.

"Oh." Athena suddenly felt self-conscious in one of Ricky's overly large sweatshirts and pajama shorts, but that thought was wiped away as she stared at his face. His eyes were glossy, almost as if he was about to cry, and his entire facial expression just screamed broken. "Ricky, are you all right?"

"Can I come in?" Ricky abruptly asked. "I was skating around for a while and ended up here."

He didn't wait for an answer and pushed past Athena to go into the house, kicking off his shoes and placing his skateboard and helmet by the door. Athena watched him in concern and she shut the door slowly behind her. She quickly locked eyes with Artemis. Athena nodded her head towards the stairs urgently. Artemis immediately got the message, and she grabbed the bowl of popcorn before she went upstairs.

Athena, concern raging through her veins, studied Ricky from her spot by the door. He was sitting tensely at the edge of the couch. His fingers ran through his hair, making his curls even more messy. Athena could tell from his slightly shaky hands and the way his cheeks were flushed that something was making him anxious.

"Ricky, hey," Athena began softly.

"I'm sorry for coming here so out of the blue," Ricky replied, staring straight ahead of him. "I didn't know where else to go. Miss Jenn told me to go home, but the first thing that came to mind when she said home was you."