Episode 12:Project Moonstone P2

Start from the beginning

"You can't really think that, can you? I mean, how were you supposed to know?" Dennis pointed out.

"Which is why I should have been more thoughtful! You don't know when these things are going to happen."

"Cass... did... did you two... you know... have a thing?"

Cassandra was surprised at that. "What makes you think that? I didn't really care about him all that much."

"What I met was, did Varian like you like that," Dennis corrected himself.

"I-I don't know. I just wished I was a little nicer to him either way." Cassandra turned in her seat. "You better go back to bed before mom or dad gets back from work."

Dennis didn't say a thing, and for the first time, obeyed his sister with no strings attached. Cassandra sighed and flipped off the light. Why did it have to be Varian? What had he ever done to deserve such a cruel reality? It should have been her, not him, but then, would she have realized her errors?

~~~~~~~~

"Rise and shine! Today's a big day." Andrew opened the door.

Varian grumbled as he sat up. He felt like being grumpy and uncooperative, but he didn't know what that meant. Did it mean he was feeling more comfortable, or was it natural to just be grumpy when woken by your kidnapper.

Andrew flicked the light on, causing Varian to squint in the light. "Brought breakfast." the man with a man bun continued.

"You like pop tarts? I was never really one for them, but Kai saids that teens usually eat it for breakfast. I wouldn't know what normal teens eat."

"Mostly," Varian mumbled sarcastically.

Andrew didn't hear, or he ignored it. "That, and Kai ate the last of our bagels, so we only have blueberry pop tarts. Caine'll have to go pick up food." He handed the silver package to Varian.

Varian accepted it, but not without a chuckle. His kidnappers acted like siblings at times and he couldn't help but find them amusing at times. Despite being scared out of his wits.

"Hey, was that a laugh?" Andrew asked.

"Huh?" Varian hadn't realized.

"You just laughed. I hadn't heard you do that before," Andrew said.

"Well, I don't think it isn't normal for me to not laugh given to my situation," Varian deadpanned.

"Touche." Andrew shrugged. "So, once you've finished your breakfast, you wouldn't mind a shower, would you?"

"I guess I could use one..." Varian admitted.

"Well, we were able to arrange for you to get one. Clementine found the shower, and it works, so..."

"Wait, you didn't completely explore the place before you brought me here?" Varian asked. He didn't say the smart aleck remark, 'that was smart', but he sure thought it.

"Ok, so now you're telling me how I'm supposed to kidnap people, but yeah. We were just ordered to take you here, so we supposed the snooping around was done. Clementine and Kai got bored so they gave the place the look around." Andrew found Varian's new found voice amusing.

Varian simply blushed at the fact he let himself say something like that. What was he trying to do? Was he determined to get himself killed? If that was his goal, then he was pretty good at that.

"Baron's due at about noon." Andrew's face grew serious. "I'm gonna be honest, kid. He isn't a happy man, and he sure ain't no buddy-type of guy. There's no nonsense with him, and I warn you, I have to watch my mouth around that man."