Episode 6:Not So Easily Solved

Good morning and good night
(Jeremy Jordan-Varian Meyer)
I'll wake up at twilight
(Eden Espinosa-Cassandra Guard)
It's gonna be alright
(Mandy Moore-Rapunzel/Sunny Corona)
We don't even have to try
(Zachary Levi-Eugene Fritzherbert)
It's always a good time
(Jonathan Banks-Quirin, M. C. Gainy-Mr. Guard)

Whoa oh oh oh, whoa oh oh oh
(James Monroe-Lance)
It's always a good time
(Sean Heyes-Pete, Diedrich Bader-Stan)
Whoa oh oh oh, whoa oh oh oh
(Peter MacNicol-Principal Nigel)
We don't even have to try
(Julie Brown-Ariana, Clancy Brown-Fredric)
It's always a good time
(All other voices)

Written by Cupcakegirlpower
Tangled is owned by Disney
Theme Song: It's Always a Good Time
By Owl City and Carly Rae Jespen

Not So Easily Solved

Varian sat down.  He had refused to look at anyone in the eye.  It was his science class.  He dearly wished that the previous day had not accrued.  However, it did and his mind was now distracted with a new knowledge.

The cause of the fire that killed his mom was classified.  That meant one thing.  The government was hiding it.  From her very son as well, and he hated it.  He should have gotten to know.

The bigger question remained.  Did his father know?  If his father did, it would hurt.  It would hurt, because his father did not trust him with the truth.  That he hid the fact that his mother's death was not from a natural fire.

Was it a failed experiment?  Was there an explosion involved?  Was it his mother's experiment?  Was…  was the fire truly an accident?  The last question caught him off guard.  Surely, that couldn't be it.

Varian's mind snapped back to reality when the other science students made their way into the classroom.  Once more, Varian looked at the floor.  Again, Rapunzel sat down next to him with a beaming smile.  He gave a nervous grin back.

The teacher came in, but it wasn't the regular teacher.  "Good morning class.  I am Dr. Alcott St. Croix.  I am your new teacher.  Your previous teacher quit from, what I have been informed, too many accidents."

Rapunzel glanced at Varian, fearing how he took this.  Varian's face was unreadable.  She didn't know if this was worse or not.  His face was slightly paler than usual, but other than that, he was unreadable.

"It is sudden, but yes, I am informed where to begin.  So you needn't worry of having to start over.  Now, to begin…"

As the lesson went on, Rapunzel risked another glance at her friend.  Varian's face was confused as he stared at the board.  What was he confused about?  Then she saw his eyes widen as if suddenly, something clicked.  He raised his hand.

Dr. St Croix noticed it.  "Yes, what is it?"

"Sir, I think you have the wrong equation,"  Varian answered.

"Pardon me?"  The teacher's face grew red with anger.

"You have the wrong problem.  See, you have…"  Varian explained what that problem was for and what problem was supposed to be used.

(Forgive me here, I'm not a science nerd like Varian.  I'm called a nerd because I'm more like a book and random facts nerd)

The kids looked from Varian to the teacher.  The doctor scowled furiously at the teen.  "Certainly you have been mistaken, young man."

"I mean I could, but I'm pretty sure that that's the wrong equation,"  Varian repeated.