Chapter Fourteen

Furious 7

"Hi, Jack!" Rae shouted excitedly as she walked up the porch steps.

"Auntie Rae!" The child called excitedly.

Brian picked him up and walked down the stairs. "Hey, Rae. Wanna come with me to take him to school?"

"Of course." Rae smiled.

"Okay. What do you think?" He asked the child. "Parking brake slide right up to the school?" Regan laughed.

"Where's mommy?" Jack asked.

"I don't know. She's up there. She's coming." Bri replied. Regan followed them to the blue minivan. Brian leaned down to put Jack in his seat. Brian strapped him in as the red toy car went flying.

"Hey, buddy, cars don't fly." Brian told him as he went to pick up the toy.

"You know what does?" Rae asked the child.

"What?"

"A plane." She answered, reaching into her bag. She pulled out a white airplane toy. "These fly, but don't throw them, okay?"

"Okay." Jack promised as he made airplane noises. "Cars don't fly." Jack said.

"But this one did, huh?" Brian asked. "Okay, are you ready? Are you sure? Good. 'Cause I think I'm ready, too. Regan?"

"I'm ready." She answered.

"Get down!" Dom yelled. The package on the porch blew, sending Dom down the stairs. He grabbed Mia just as Brian slammed the door to the minivan shut. Regan and Brian were pressed up against the minivan harshly as the flames coated the front of the house.

"Jack!" Mia screamed. Brian pulled him out of the car and they hugged him tightly. They all stood there, looking at the house. There went their home, up in flames.

Brian and Regan watched the news as the lady talked about the attack Hobbs had been in. Monte Cristo was where they would be leaving Mia and Jack, heading back for L.A. in two days- together. Mia came in, rubbing Brian's back as she walked over.

"Hey." He greeted.

"You okay?" She asked.

"Yeah." He answered. "This guy's just relentless."

"That's why Dom needs you- both of you." She replied. "You guys need to find this guy and you need to stop him before he does any more damage to our family."

"I've screwed up so many things. I couldn't live with myself if I screw this up, too." Brian told her.

"You won't." Mia told him. "I believe in you."

"I'm gonna-" Rae started but she gave up. She walked out of the room, biting at her cuticles. She needed to tell Brian, but she just didn't have a chance. That was the whole reason she'd shown up at the house in the first place.

At Han's funeral, she saw him. He stood beside Brian, him probably assuming Rae would stand between them. Instead, she stood between Brian and Rome. "I can't do no more funerals. First Han, now Hobbs is laid up, of all people." Roman said.

"We're being hunted." Tej added.

"Picked off one by one." Rae said.

"You know he's out there somewhere watching, right?" Tej asked.

"I hope so." Brian answered. "Means he's close."

"Just promise me, Brian. No more funerals." Roman asked.

"Just one more." Brian replied.

"His." Regan finished.

"That's real dark, babygirl." Roman replied.