Chapter Two

Regan stood there, watching as her brother sat in his car. She turned to see Dom's car, her worry only increasing. The tall brunette walked over to her.

"Your brother, he seems determined." She told Regan.

"That's one word you could use." The blonde replied.

"Gisele." She introduced.

"Regan."

"Are you old enough to be here?" Gisele asked her.

"I'm old enough to drive, does that count?" Regan asked. Gisele smiled at the girl.

"Tension breeds competition. Your brother will be fine."

"Not if he doesn't win." Regan replied.

"Sore player?" Gisele asked.

Regan smiled and shook her head. "He'll laugh the loss off, but he's hard on himself."

"Run in the family?" She asked. Regan just shrugged. "It'd be a shame if your brother lost. I'd like to keep you around. Would you work for Braga?" Gisele asked the girl. Regan sighed.

She shook her head at Gisele. "I'm not a fan of authority." The girl finally answered. It was true, Regan had a habit of often testing her brother, the only authority she'd really had in her life.

"Who's the guy?"

"Fenix?" Gisele asked. "He's all talk."

Rae's smile faded entirely as Dom's car pulled in ahead of Brian's. Rae watched as Brian began to head towards Dom, a worried expression lacing her face.

"At least we know you can't beat me straight up." Brian told Dom.

"Laugh it off?" Gisele smiled at Rae.

"Usually he does." She replied. Regan followed Fenix and Gisele over to the two boys. Fenix clapped.

"Now that's what I call real driving." He told Dom.

"Now that's bullshit." Brian yelled.

"Brian." Regan called.

"Go cry to your mama, huh? Or better, your sister." Fenix replied. Brian walked off towards his car, turning to Rae.

"Regan. Now." He called to his sister. She raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything as she made her way to the car. She'd barely even closed the door before Brian had started driving.

"Yo, nutsack." Dwight called.

"Oh, God." Regan mumbled.

"Let me tell you something, man. Muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" Dwight said. Brian drove away, a familiar look on his face as he looked out the mirror at Dwight.

"I know that look." Rae commented. "Your wheels are turning."

Brian smiled at his sister. "Dropping you at home first, and then the fun begins."

"Without me?" Rae frowned. "Ouch."

"Official business." Brian told her. She glared at him.

"Using 'official business' against me doesn't mean I don't know what you're doing." She replied, crossing her arms.

Regan's glasses pressed into the side of her face as she held the couch pillow close to her. She was mumbling in her sleep; small whimpers of nothingness from deep in her subconscious. Brian smiled at his little sister. He felt guilty for what he was about to do, but not as guilty as he would feel had she missed such an event. She nudged her lightly.