Christmas Prompts (12/25)

Start from the beginning

When he found the Pavilion empty, and having saw no one on his way there, he turned and started walking towards the Poseidon cabin.

On his way, his mind properly began to register the assortment of decorations around each cabin.

For example, the Apollo cabin was decked out in white and gold, a large white Christmas tree placed in front of it, just to the left.

Cabin five next to it looked like it had been put together last minute, with a lot less care than the Apollo cabin.

A dark green tree wrapped messily in red and silver leant against the side of the cabin, looking close to falling.

Unlike the Apollo cabins sparkly angel, the Ares campers had just chucked a boar head onto the top of their tree.

When Nico went to continue on towards the Poseidon cabin, he noticed something about his cabin he hadn't the first time.

Just to the left of his cabin, exactly where the door had covered when opened, stood a large back tree decorated in blue and gold.

Similar to the Apollo cabin - and the very opposite of the Ares cabin - tinsel and other decorations hung around the outside of his cabin neatly.

Nico looked from his neatly decorated cabin over to the Ares cabin, rasing an eyebrow slightly at the tinsel that was very cleary just thrown on top.

Nico looked back at his cabin.

He never decorated his cabin.

Yesterday, when all campers were exused from activities - except the Ares, Nike and a few other cabins that declined the offer - and spent the day decorated their cabin with their siblings, Nico had spent the entire day in bed.

Up until Will and Percy had come to drag him out of it in order for him to eat.

The only explanation he had come up with was that his boyfriends must have decorated his cabin for him.

That explanation however confused him as surely both would have been too proud of themselves to keep it a secret.

Surely they would have come and told Nico.

...Unless that's what they were trying to do this morning.

In that case, fuck.

Nico turned hurriedly and rushed towards Percy's cabin, sure he'd find both of his boyfriends somewhere inside.

He knocked, receiving no answer.

After two more knocks with no answers, Nico just opened the door and walked inside.

After shutting the door behind him, Nico turned towards Percy's bed, finding him cuddled up to Will, both of them wearing matching Christmas jumpers.

"Hey."

They ignored him in favour of continuing their quiet whispering, looking like a couple that was truly in love.

Nico spoke again, louder this time.

"Hey."

Nico stepped back slightly when he caught Percy roll his eyes at him.

Shaking off the shock, Nico took another step forward.

"Since when do you roll your eyes at me?"

"Leave me alone Nico."

Nico's eyebrows furrowed. This sort of behaviour from Percy was usual towards Nico. This sort of behaviour from Percy was unusual towards anyone actually.

"But it's Christmas."

"I don't care if it's Christmas, leave me alone."

Nico took another step forward, confused.

"This isn't like you Percy. What's wrong?"

It was then that Will decided to speak up. However he continued to look at Percy instead of turning and facing Nico.

"Oh, so it's alright when you say it to us but not when he says it to you?"

"I-"

Nico cut himself off, unsure of how to answer the question.

Will huffed a laugh, sounding a bit pissed if Nico was honest.

"Come on then."

"What?"

Will leaned down to place a kiss on the pink skin at Percy's neck before answering.

"Are you gonna come and cuddle with us or are you going to use your powers to harm us again?" Percy asked.

Nico took the chance and rushed the last few steps to get to Percy's bed, kneeling on the bed and staring down at them apologetically.

"I'm sorry."

Neither answered verbally. The only sign of forgiveness Nico received was Percy opening his arms for him.

Nico pulled back the covers before joining them, allowing Percy to wrap his arms around his waist and hide his face in his neck.

"It hurt. You hurt me Nico."

Nico inhaled sharply, feeling as if Percy was stabbing him repeatedly despite only saying the words once.

"I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry. To the both of you."

Will hummed, leaning over Percy to place a kiss on Nico's cheek.

"We know."