Episode 11:Project Moonstone P1

Începe de la început

"No, no." Quirin laughed on his side of the phone. "You didn't do anything wrong that I know of. It's just easier to talk about this in person, rather than on the phone."

"Ok." Varian could feel some relief rushing through him.

"I'll talk to you when you get home. I love you, son."

"Love you too, Dad. Bye." Varian hung up. He couldn't help but feel curious about what his father needed to say, so he decided to pick up the pace.

He came to a point where he had to cross the street. There was no light, so he had to wait until there were no cars. There wasn't one in sight, apart from a black car that had a few people in it. However, it was parked, and didn't look like it was going anywhere at the moment. He began to cross the road.

Before he could reach the end, the black car suddenly burst forward. Varian couldn't even blink before it screeched to a stop right beside him. He couldn't even think to run before a large hand came through the back passenger door and snatched his arm.

"Hey!" Varian gasped. "Let go of-" 

The large man holding him tugged him into the vehicle and slammed the door shut. The person in the driver's seat stepped on the gas and the car shot forward.

Varian struggled against the large man's strength. "Let me out! Let me go!" he could feel the panic in his throat as he screamed and fought.

"Kid, shut up!" the woman in the passenger seat in the front hissed.

Varian kept fighting and grunting. "Let me go!" he screamed even louder.

"I said shut up!" the woman pointed a gun at him. It was only inches from his nose. 

He gasped at the sight. Varian immediately stopped fighting and dared not make a noise come out of his throat. His face paled dramatically, and he hoped they couldn't hear his heart pounding in his chest as he did. Otherwise they could shoot him for that.

The woman smirked. "Much better. Now just lean back and enjoy the ride."

"Should we tie him up?" the large man holding down Varian asked.

"Nah, he won't give anymore trouble now, will he?" She glanced at Varian who shook his head quickly. "Good." the woman stated. "Just buckle up and pay close attention to him. Oh, and, kid, don't even try the door. It has a child lock safety, so you can't get out that way. Just to save you the trouble of trying something that's useless."

Varian heard his belt buckle click as the large man did his seat belt. The teen began to tremble as tears rushed to his eyes. The man had taken his backpack and was now holding his phone. The only way to contact his father. Why was he being kidnapped? Those were for books and movies and stories. Sure, he knew they happened frequently, but he never once feared that he would be just picked off the road like that. A tear ran down his cheek and he had to sniff, but tried to keep down a sob.

"Hey, kid. We're not going to hurt you if you do what we say, alright? Nothing to worry about," the driver said.

"What do you want from me?" his voice trembled and came out barely audible. It cracked a little, due to his crying. He wanted to know.

The woman seemed to didn't mind that he just said something. "Well, your family has something that we need. Your mother was a brilliant scientist-Dr. Meyer was it?-she created this energy source. Project Moonstone. We know that you and your father have it in your house somewhere."

"In other words," the driver added, "We're using for ransome. That project could be worth millions. She didn't finish the project exactly before the incident. Perhaps you have a clue. We heard you took after her with the smarts."