𝖛. ━ drugs, regrets and midnight calls

𝖛𝖔𝖑

𝖛𝖔𝖑. 𝖎 not a fucking fairytale

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

IF JJ MAYBANK HAD TO CHANGE ONE something about himself it would be...well, everything. But if he had to change one thing then what would he choose?

Would he choose his dashing golden locks or his piercing blue eyes that reminded his father so much of his mother?

Or would he choose his impeccable sense of style that resembled a homeless person more than a functioning teenager?

Maybe JJ would change his intimidating voice that convinced so many girls over the last two years to sleep with him?

In the end there was too much JJ Maybank hated about himself to settle on one thing he would change if he had the chance.

But maybe if the person who'd offered this opportunity to him narrowed down his choices a little bit...to, let's say, changing something about his relationships to other people -- excluding his mess of a father -- then maybe he'd have an idea.

Not that JJ was lacking anyone in his life, like a mother figure maybe or someone who would be an actual father to him.

Still, in the end, JJ Maybank would change one relationship in his life and that was the one he had with Madeleine Cook -- ex-girlfriend, ex-best friend, ex-everything.

And when Alysha Prince -- yeah, figures that the messiest boy -- both mentally and in general -- and the former princess of the OBX became friends -- poses the question to him, JJ Maybank answers as much. He isn't even surprised when her eyes widen for just a fraction of a second because she did not see that coming.

❝I did not see that coming.❞

JJ scoffs, shaking his head between his legs. ❝Yeah, neither did I.❞

There's a pause, Alicia offering her joint to him. JJ takes it with silent gratitude, and takes a long drag. He loves the feeling of the smoke in his lungs not suffocating him but instead relaxing his muscles, helping his thoughts clear up. It's almost therapeutic.

❝What about you?❞

❝What do you mean?❞

Alicia rips the joint out of his hands as JJ moves to take another drag. He almost protests but cowers back at a vicious glare.

JJ debates on what to say. They've been sitting here, smoking and talking for a good amount of time now and he wonders whether someone misses him or Alicia. Maybe John B is wondering why he hasn't shown up for dinner yet or maybe his dad is waiting for him to come home to let out his frustrations.