The Clumsy Princess - Part 1

"Where are we going?". Kiraz tightened her green coat around herself. Ali shrugged. Kiraz gave him another look before following him silently to the car.

"Commissioner, where are we going?", Kiraz asked once again. Ali had not given her any details of where they were headed. He told her to grab her coat and bag and that they were heading out somewhere.

"You have so many questions don't you?", Ali gave her an amused look. Kiraz smiled back. "Well you are asking me out but you haven't told me where we are going. Of course, I'm going to ask you questions Commissioner.", she answered smugly. "We're going ice skating.", Ali replied to which Kiraz inhaled sharply.

"Ice skating?", her cherubic face paled. Ali's eyebrows rose slightly. "What's wrong with ice skating?" he leaned over the hood of the car to get a closer look at her. "Well. I don't know how to skate.", Kiraz rubbed her neck sheepishly. Ali snorted. "Of course I know that. I'm going to teach you.", Ali answered nonchalantly.

This time Kiraz snorted. "You're going to teach me?", she looked apprehensively. Ali was thoroughly offended. "Excuse me, I would like you to know that I am excellent at ice skating.". he tilted his chin upwards proudly. Kiraz giggled.

"Okay let's see. Ouch!", Kiraz pulled the car door open and bumped her hand against it. Ali shook his head exasperatedly. It was her habit to crash into things or break things daily. "Goofy!" he muttered under his breath trying to hide his smile.

"I thought it'll be more crowded. The place seems rather empty.", Kiraz looked around the skating ring curiously. Ali nodded. " The owner is a close friend of mine. She knows which hours are suitable for me to teach you, it'll be less embarrassing for you.", Ali teased Kiraz watching her chubby cheeks flush. "Wait. Did you say her? Your friend is female?", Ali grinned at the inquisitive question from her.

"Yes, she's a woman. Why?" Ali felt his smile growing. "Nothing.", Kiraz shrugged not noticing the gleam in Ali's eyes. "There she is.". Ali gestured towards a tall dark-haired woman heading their way.

"Hi Ali.", the woman embraced him warmly. Ali saw Kiraz bit her lip apprehensively and swallowed the grin that was threatening to tear his face in two. She was jealous and she was adorable being jealous.

"Hi, Melek how are you? This is Kiraz, the girl I've told you about.", Ali introduced Kiraz and Melek. Kiraz shook Melek's hand sizing her up. She was a pretty woman, tall and slim with short dark hair and brown eyes.

"You guys come in. Make yourself at home. Ali, you know where all the skates and stuff are. You can help Kiraz with it. I will see you guys later. I have customers to attend to.", Melek spoke quickly and rushed off to attend to customers.

"She's pretty.", Ali glanced at Kiraz and saw her watch Melek walking away. He smiled but quickly hid it when Kiraz turned to him. "Yes she is very pretty.", he saw Kiraz's eyes narrow at him. "Hmmph. Well let's go get ready then.", she walked into the skating rink. "You're cute when you're jealous.", Ali laughed following the petite girl into the rink.

"Take your shoes off. We've got to measure your foot size.", Ali gestured at the bench and the rack of skates beside it. Kiraz took her shoes off and sat on the bench.

Grabbing the measuring tape Ali measured Kiraz's foot size and got her a pair of skates. She was about to put them on when Ali stopped her. "Let me do it for you. You're so clumsy you might cut yourself.", Ali grinned at Kiraz's annoyed expression.

Kiraz watched as Ali placed her feet gently into the skates and tied up the laces neatly. He had also picked her favourite green colour for the skates. "This big lug knows me well. He's so handsome but thinks too highly of himself.", Kiraz smiled. Ali looked up and spotted her smile. "What's so funny?", he wanted to know. "Nothing.", Kiraz continued smiling and saw Ali returning the smile.

The two of them continued smiling at each other for a few moments before they were interrupted by a couple of teenagers coming into the area to return their skates.

Ali cleared his throat and stopped smiling. "Let's go then. We're wasting time here.". he started to walk out but saw Kiraz struggling with her skates. "This one is so goofy.", he sighed to himself. "Come on.", he held out his hand.

Kiraz placed her small hand in his and Ali helped her up. He noted with amusment that Kiraz could barely keep her balance while walking with the skates. "How are you going to skate in this state?", he asked.

Kiraz's head shot up her green eyes flashing. "Shouldn't you worry about that since you brought me here though you know I can't skate?", she shot back quietly. Ali's brows rose. Oh, she was fiesty this one.

"Slowly. Slowly. Don't rush. Take baby steps.", Ali instructed Kiraz as she entered the rink still holding onto his hand. Kiraz's round face had a determined expression as she skated carefully around the rink slipping at random times.

"I think I can skate myself.", she told Ali after a few times of them skating around the rink together. Ali was taken aback. She sure had the confidence he didn't have in her skating skills.

"Are you sure?" You still seem unsure of yourself.", Ali was apprehensive. Kiraz nodded. "Let me try it by myself. If I fall I fall..", her last word ended in a scream as she lost her balance instantly and fell flat on her butt.

Ali instantly rushed to her worriedly. "Are you okay? This is why I told you to be careful.", Ali started admonishing her as he held out his hand. To his surprise, Kiraz started laughing. He gazed at her in surprise while she kept laughing.

"Why are you laughing? Aren't you hurt?", Ali asked when he helped Kiraz up. She was still laughing her bottle-green eyes sparkling. "It hurts a little but I'll be okay. I'm just laughing at myself. I know I'm clumsy but I didn't realize that I was this hopeless at ice skating.", Kiraz giggled. Her laugher was so infectious that Ali found himself smiling at her.

"Goofy.", he said out aloud absolutely mesmerized at how her eyes sparkled when she was truly happy. Kiraz gazed up at him still smiling. "Shall we try again?", she asked her cheeks flushed with happiness. Ali nodded as he took her hand once more.

~ End of Part 1 ~