she falls asleep on your lap

At first, when the front door opened and you saw Yoohyeon arriving home early you felt a rush of happiness come over you. You can't remember the last time she arrived home early and you immediately thought of how you could spend the hours left in the day together.

But then, you noticed the dark circles under her eyes and the way her shoulders were slumped, and how she was dragging her feet on the floor.

"Oh, Yoohyeon," you mumbled sadly as you tossed your phone aside and stood on your feet. You went over to her and brought her into your arms, where she relaxed and let her stresses fade away. "Are you okay? You're home early. Something happen?"

"No, just finished early today."

"Good." You said, rubbing her back comfortingly. "That means you can get some sleep."

She pulled away, pouting her lips. "I'm okay. I wanna spend time with you."

"We'll spend time up in bed. C'mon." You said before taking her hand and grabbing your phone before heading up the stairs to your shared bedroom. Reaching it, you climbed under the covers and expected her to do the same. But instead, she let her head fall onto your lap where her eyes closed and a small smile tugged at her lips.

"Can you turn something on for us to watch together until I fall asleep?"

You reached for the remote and turned her favorite show on and upon recognizing the intro, she smiled a little and mumbled out a sweet 'thank you'. You watched her smile grow when you brushed your lips against her forehead.

"Play with my hair?"

"Fine," you playfully sighed but didn't hesitate to brush your fingers through her hair.

"I love you. Wake me so we can spend time together tonight."

"I will. I'll wake you in a few hours."

She nodded, lips parting for only a moment to allow a yawn to escape.

"Y/n?"

You tried to hold back your giggle, finding it absolutely adorable how sleepy she was.

"Yes?"

"I really love you."

A warmth spread through your heart and you leaned down to kiss her forehead once more, watching as she drifted off to sleep before saying, "I love you even more."