• 22 •

Didn't see it coming, did you?
This one is short and unedited.

Happy Reading ;)
______________________________________________

The next two days passed in a blur with a tight schedule in their hands owing to the completion of the order from one the clothing brands. The consignment was delivered successfully. The following three days went pretty decently.

That day, they both had returned earlier than usual, so they decided to watch TV together. After twenty minutes of just changing the channels, they had finally settled for the movie, Golmaal 3, a Hindi comedy film. With every scene, Naina found herself chuckling making Sameer mentally pat his shoulder in proud.

It was a typical morning in the Maheshwari mansion. Both of them were occupied with their chores. Naina was busy in the kitchen assisting Ramdhari to prepare the breakfast. Her hands were smeared with the sticky crumbles of mashed potatoes and of which she was currently making the filling for the vegetable toast.

Just then, Sameer came hollering her name, "Woh file kahan hai jo kal tumne mujhe dikhayi thi? Mujhe chahiye. It's a bit urgent." He said in a go.

"Umm...woh toh mere room mein hai. Main yeh karke dun aapko?" She gestured down towards the bowl.

"Nahi rehne do. Tum kaam karlo. Main hi le leta hun. Kahan rakhi hai, tell me." He suggested when he saw her occupied.

Ramdhari began to advise her about something due to which her mind diverted and she absentmindedly told him that it was on her study table. He went upstairs to her room and spotted the file on her table.

Without caring, he picked it hastily due to which the things kept beneath it fell on the floor. He knelt to collect them up and that is when he saw a diary lying with its pages open. He was about to pick it but halted as his gaze zeroed on the words which seemed to be the part of a fiction or something.

Curiosity took over him. Keeping the file back on the table, he stood up flipping through the pages of the diary. He knew it wasn't right to look into it as it might be personal but with every page, he found some short stories, tales, and a few articles which did nothing but increasing his inquisitiveness about them. He took it along with the file to the study not before making sure that she was still in the kitchen.

Once inside, he settled on the chair and opened it. 'Kuch Mere Khayal' was written on the first page in beautiful handwriting which he presumed to be hers. Turning it over, he began to read.

Half an hour later, when she was all done and satisfied with the breakfast, it stuck on her like a bolt of lightening what blunder she had done. She rushed towards her room to look for the diary which she had left on the table last night. Much to her impatience, she wasn't able to find it. She checked below the table, on the bedside table, inside her cupboard, and every possible place but in vain.

As if her fears came true, a voice came from behind, "Isey dhund rahi ho?" She turned around instantly. Sameer stood at the threshold, his one hand under the pockets of his pants and the other holding her diary. A bucket full of nervousness splashed over her. 

"W-woh...yeh...woh..." Unable to frame coherent words she shifted her gaze to the ground.

"Yeh sab tumne likha hai?" He asked signalling towards the diary. She looked up and nodded slowly.

"Toh tumhe reading ke saath saath writing ka bhi shouk hai..." He started taking slow steps towards her.

Any other person should have been mad if someone had touched their possession without any consent, but for some reason, she wasn't offended, instead, she was just nervous about his response.