Chapter 15

Saturday 21st March 1964

The Winter Palace St Petersburg

5pm

Jackie was getting ready for the state dinner to highlight their visit when Jack came in. “Hey.” He wrapped his arms around her.

She blushed. “Do you know what I’ve been thinking?”

“What?”

“We haven’t spent quality time together.”

He smirked. “Do you feel up to it?”

She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him passionately. He moaned and they fell on to the bed. They spent a while tangled beneath the sheets.

6pm

Kenny knocked on the door. “Mr. President we need you downstairs in half an hour.” He called.

“Ok.”

Inside Jack was still in bed. Jackie had just put her hair up and slipped into a white floor length crystallised dress with long gloves. She looked a picture of beauty and health, Jack thought as he watched her.

7:30pm

After the dinner they waited at the top of the grand stair case to descend into the ballroom. “Oh it’s so beautiful.” Jackie gushed as she looked around the palace. Jack smiled and linked his arm in hers.

The announcer looked up. “Please welcome the President of the United States and Mrs. Kennedy.” It was followed by the Russian version.

Jackie smiled and held on to Jack as they walked down the staircase. She could only imagine how the Tsar and Tsarina had felt all those years ago.

After watching a traditional Russian show the foreign dignitaries started to dance. Jack stood up, “Jacqueline, would you care to dance?”

She blushed and placed her hand in his. “Yes, Bunny.”

He escorted her to the floor and pulled her extremely close. She giggled. “I enjoyed our time earlier.”

A mischievous smile appeared on his face. “Oh yes, I say we do it again on the way home.”

She smirked. “Yes.”

As they waltzed Jack moved his head closer to her. “I guess this was your fate Jackie, to rediscover yourself in the last few months.”

She smiled. “I guess you’re right.”

He grinned and kissed her. She blushed. “I love you Jack.”

“I love you too.”