(Season 1 finale) Chapter 11: New motivation

Start from the beginning

Houki: (coms) Ichika, now!

Ichika flew over towards Gospel at top speed, about to deal the final blow, but he quickly flew down instead and blocks stray shots heading towards the sea.

Rin: What is that idiot doing! That was the perfect window to attack!

Akiri: No. Look closer

The girls look closer at the screen and saw what Ichika was trying to protect.

Laura: There's a ship down there

Miss Orimura: Scans show that it's an illegal fishing ship

Rin: Are you kidding me?! During an emergency like this?

Akiri: There nothing we can do. They probably ignored the blockade and somehow gotten through

Houki: (coms) They're criminals, forget about them!

Ichika: (coms) I can't just let them die!

Houki: (coms) Idiot! You're protecting criminals! Scum like them can-

Ichika: (coms) Houki! Don't say that. The moment you gain power, you lose sight of the weak. That's not like you

Houki's eyes widened at Ichika's words and she drops her swords while looking down at her trembling hands.

Ichika then saw Gospel launch a massive barrage of energy blasts towards them and Ichika quickly went in front of Houki and took the hit, causing a massive explosion.

Horrified gasps were heard all around the mission room as they saw the massive explosion engulfing both Houki and Ichika.

Charlotte: Ichika...

Rin: No...

Cecilia: It can't be...

They then see Houki holding an unconscious Ichika and she heads back towards the beach.

Akiri just stayed silent as he clenches his fist.

Miss Orimura: Get medical personnel on the beach ASAP!

Miss Yamada: Yes, Orimura Sensei!

All of them then quickly rush over to the beach.

When they got there, they saw that the medics are already there and Houki had just landed. Houki handed Ichika to the medics and he is put on a stretcher.

The girls looks in horror as they see the medics put on a non-rebreather mask on Ichika and he is taken away by the medics.

Miss Orimura: Mission failed. I'll notify you if there are any changes to the situation. Until then, the rest of you are to remain on standby

(Timeskip)

As ordered by Miss Orimura, Akiri is currently in his hotel room waiting for further orders. He wasn't content with it, he rather do something to help find Gospel instead, but orders are orders.

He was lying down on the bed when he suddenly notice a small box on the table with a note attached to it.

Curious, he got up and picked it up and he read the note

------------------------------------

Hey, A-kun. Here's your IS back. It was a challenge to fix, considering how bad it was damaged. But Vanguard is good as new. Now, I believe there is something you should do.

-Tabane the genius

------------------------------------