Silence

We ran... then walked.... then stopped....

   Although those Zombies seemed fast enough to have caught up with us, we couldn't even hear them anymore. I breathed and tried to calm down, I was on the verge of hyperventilating and having a panic attack. 

   I sat against a tree and looked up at the dark blue sky fade to black. It reminded me of Zane in a weird way.... his eye color and his favorite color. I smiled to myself... tried not to think about the fact that he might be torn apart by zombies right now.

   I was smiling as I sobbed in anguish.

  It hurt. Why does it hurt? Wasn't Zane a terrible person? Hasn't he hurt people? I didn't know anymore.

  I looked up to Aphmau for comfort or assurance, but; she was silent.

  It hurt, the silence

NoThInG

It seemed like she didn't care. It saddened me, thinking she didn't care. But nobody did, not my mom, my dad, my siblings. I was always over looked... like I was....

NoThInG

I tried to talk to Aphmau, hug her, comfort her, help her. All I got was NoThInG.

I decided to start a fire so we wouldn't freeze. I warmed by the fire and guided Aphmau to the warmth as well. She seemed almost catatonic, unresponsive. My eyebrows creased in worry.

I eventually decided to lay down and sleep, but that didn't turn out well. Although I traveled at least a mile in the last hour my body refused to stop pumping adrenaline.

I turned on my back and looked at the pitch black sky once more. I tried to look inside of myself and calm down. But when I closed my eyes and tried to look I felt NoThInG.

My eyes shot open and I stared out into the night.

...

By 1:00 am my eyes were still roaming around the sky with my ears strained for a single sound

NOTHING

Finally, I couldn't take it anymore.I closed my eyes and breathed in, and out... in, and out...in, and out...in, and out...in, and out...in, and out... in.... and.....