Part 3

Later

Neil's funeral is today. Andrew still hasn't left his room. He still hasn't eaten anything, but at least he's drinking. The upperclassmen left a day after we had our vigil. I stayed longer. I stayed until I couldn't stay anymore. I still spend my days with Andrew, but I get up to eat and go to the bathroom, along with bringing him water.

Andrew shows up when the ceremony is over. He doesn't stay long, only long enough to drop a pack of cigarettes into the grave.

When I get back to the house he's gone. There's no note but all of his things are gone. I call Nicky and Aaron but neither of them know where he went. Maybe he went back to Columbia, maybe somewhere else, I'll never know.

I never see Andrew after that again. I can only hope he's still alive and not in jail, but I can't be sure. The rest of the Foxes slowly start to drift closer together. Slowly starting to move closer and closer together, not wanting to live alone after this. We all end up in New York in the same apartment building. None of us play anymore. I tried for a while. I tried going back to my team, I tried playing with other people, but exy reminds me of too much of Neil, so I stop.

I try to move on with my life. I know that this hole in my heart will never grow back, I know I will never be able to play exy again. I try anyway. I find a job as an usher in the Winter Garden Theater, that's about as far from exy that I could think of getting. I get by. I'll be fine.

I'm not fine.

A/N

So this is the last part. I know this is very short but I wanted to make it impactful. I honestly don't know how well this turned out but I hope yall like it.