|4|

Shivaay forwarded the plate filled with delicacies, towards Anika

S- Come Let's eat together.

Shivaay said and Anika looked at him in shock.

A- I.....I... Can't......

Anika said while stammering in fear.

S- Why?

Anika looked down in fear.

A- I'm.... I'm ..... Wid...widow... I ....don't... Have .... rights... To.....eat.... This.... Food.

Anika said in fear and Shivaay noticed her discomfort.

S- But it's not your fault thay you're a widow. Why are you living like this? Like a servant to your in-laws, eating this rubbish, dry food. There's no doubt that you're very intelligent, then why don't you study and live a better life?

Anika looked at him with teary eyes.

A- Because I can't. This is my fault that their son died, because of my bad luck and I'm serving them to remove my guilt and I can't live a better life because I can't disappoint my parents. They've already told me not to embarrass them anymore.

Anika said as tears escaped from her eyes. Shivaay felt bad for her and he felt an unknown pain in his heart.

He moved his hand towards her to wipe her tears but Anika immediately backed away so that he couldn't touch her as it's a sin to touch widows but Shivaay thought that she was uncomfortable Because of his presence. He smiled sadly.

S- Look Anika, this isn't your fault that your husband died. Just because you were married to him, it doesn't make you responsible for his death. I don't know how he died but these rituals which you follow are just a way for those orthodox people to feel better, to feed their male egos by punishing an innocent woman. So just stop punishing yourself because of those people. You should start living your life in a better way.

Anika looked at him innocently.

A- Won't god punish my family if I live my life happily?

Anika asked him innocently as her family and her in-laws told her that if she doesn't follow traditions of a widow, God will punish them for her ill-deeds.

Shivaay smiled sadly and shook his head in negative.

S- No. Why would god punish someone who wants to live a better life? These orthodox rituals were made by humans, not God. They can't bear anyone's happiness that's why they made these stupid rituals.

Shivaay said and Anika nodded her head with a small smile.

A- So...ummm... Can.... I.....?