Chapter 6

.:. Okay, sorry if these last chapter and this chapter stinks.  You see, I had orignally wrote it for the first book, but then I decided not to put in it and now it's in this one.  In the last book, I wrote in the past tense (but I ended it being in the present tense because I liked writing in that tense better) so I had to go back and change things, plus, more characters have been added and relationships have been changed.  I hope  I haven't sucked it up too badly.  Anyhoo this chapter adds a few more twists in it.  I only have a vague plot for this sequel so I'm sorry if the next few chapters stink because I'm still thinking about the more finer plot ideas.  Have fun reading!!  Oh and this story was 98 on the what's hot list!!  THANK YOU SILENT READERS!!!  I know you're out there oO)

Love

Rachel .:.

Chapter 6

        The teacher could have been no more than 28.  His silver eyes scan the dining room landing on me a few times.  A nerdy looking kid walks up to him with his head downwards.  He has pale blond hair, freckles, a sweater vest with a white color t-shirt underneath and to pull it all off he has glasses, not just ordinary glasses.  They sort of remind me of Harry Potter's.  I hold my breath as he whispers into the professor's ear. 

        After about a minute, the professor looks over at me with an enraged face.  "How could you do that?" I was about to give him a sarcastic answer but he kept on going.  "How could you endanger every single person here?  You're reckless, that's what you are!  Just like fire!  You have no right to live.  You'd just put other lives in danger," I shake my head back and first and made noises of protest as tears run down my eyes.  I feel Landon put a hand around my waist and I lean into him a little.  I hadn't meant to hurt anyone!  I was just protecting myself, wasn't I?  I didn't even make the first move. Or did I?  Oh my God, I did.  "You're an abomination!"  I turn my head into Landon's stiff shoulder not wanting to see the teacher.  With every rude comment, he takes a step forward.

        "You're an unneeded risk!  We should throw you into the dungeon and forget about you!"  I look up to see that he's about two feet away.  His face is red with anger and his silver eyes shines with a dangerous ferocity.  "You're an unstable abomination!"  He's about a foot from us now and I feel Connor step up beside me. 

        "Stop," I whisper to the harsh teacher breathlessly between a gut wrenching sob.  The whole cafeteria is silent consuming every little move we make.  Landon tense even more and I look up at him.  His jaw is set in place and his beautiful eyes shine with the same ferocity as the teacher's do.  I look over at Connor to see him looking the same way.

        "Stop, how can I stop?  Will you ever stop your devilish ways?  No!  So I shall never stop either!" he shouts in my face.  Devilish ways?  What have I ever done wrong?  Images of the fire flashes through my brain.  What does this teacher know about me anyways? 

        "Don't you dare take another step towards her," Landon's voice says with a dangerous ring to it.  He pushes me behind him and Connor and Gregory step up in front of me obscuring my view a little.  Why is this teacher being so... so... so unreasonable?  That's the only word I can think to describe his attitude towards me.

        "I will if I want to!" shouts the teacher childishly.  I close my eyes trying to calm myself.  No one has ever talked to me like that, not even people at the foster home.

        "You are not step an inch closer to that girl!" says a powerful voice from behind us making me jump a little.  Everyone turns around and looks to where the voice was.  Headmistress Samantha stands with her shoulders tilt back and a stern look on her face.  All in all, she looked pretty mad.