chapter 48

Vee

The house or should I say mansion, is super beautiful. It has a dark red roof and beige walls, as well as huge bays windows that provide ample of natural light. I especially love the windows in the living room as it faces the streets where large old oak trees grow.

There's a fireplace in between the living room and the kitchen that's big enough to park a car. There's a door that leads from the kitchen to the backyard , so we have an opportunity to have dinner outside when the weather is fine. There's also a gym, a home theatre room that's much more spectacular ,than the one in his apartment, and an office that he set up for himself.

The house has five bedrooms with each having it's own bathroom, all of them been spacious with walk in closets. This place is so calm and peaceful . Its the best place to relax and am sure it will be the best suitable for Maya to recover.

" Why is the closet full of clothes and shoes ? I thought no one lives here? " I ask.

He's done showing me around and we are in the last room which happens to be his soon to be bedroom.

" Well.. I had also bought some clothes for Stacy.

" Okay..," I say looking at the expensive clothes and shoes infront of me. " So...you've never once brought her here? "

" No, actually no one else knows about this place. You are the only person I've brought here," Alex says .

One thing I've come to learn about Alex is that he gives his all when he's in love. I don't get how Stacy could cheat one him! Any woman would be fucking lucky to be with him. I mean, Apart from been handsome he's has a sweet heart and I love that.

I wont deny that a pang of jealousy hit me when he said that he has someone else in his heart already.The fact that she's going to enjoying his sweet kisses and caresses kind of hurts, but apart of me is happy for him, he deserve to be happy. Let's just hope that the girl is not a snake like Stacy.

" We are going to move in tomorrow and some guys are going to come by later and fix Mayas room, and make sure she has everything she needs. "

" That's a good plan, " I say smiling lightly at him." Thank you again for doing this."

" Anything for you, " he says gazing at me. His eyes are holding an emotion that I can't comprehend and I swear right now my feet feel like jelly and my pulse is racing.

I can't be alone with him anymore, we have to leave before I forget that he's taken and end up acting crazy and kiss him again!

" Have you ever been in love? "he asks , surprising me.

Why would he ask that?

" No," I say shaking my head.

" Would you ever want to? "

" I don't think so. Falling in love makes someone vulnerable. It opens up your heart and that means that someone can get inside you and mess you up."

" You are partly right about that, but the feeling is also great. It makes you feel like you are flying without wings, especially when you gaze into the beautiful eyes of the one you love, or when you hold them in your arms and that, is worth any pain. "

" Well.. Am not ready for any kind of pain right now, and I think it's about time we head home. Am really tired and need to shower. "

" It's pouring heavily outside Vee, I think we should wait for the rain to stop ," he says. " You can shower here and also rest for a while. "

" But....I dont have anything to wear. "

" What? You have a closet full of clothes in front of you! I'll be in the kitchen making us some coffee ," he says and I can't help but notice the sad look he is on.