(xlii) allied shinobi forces

Comenzar desde el principio

she pulled his mask down swiftly to give him a peck.

"i missed you", she pecked his lips again, "so much"

"me too", he gave her another prolonged kiss.
___________________________________

the next day

it was the day of the five kage meeting. and the topic of discussion was the preparation for a full blown war. y/n walked with kakashi to the headquarters. they were interrupted.

"y/n? is that you?", a hidden cloud shinobi asked.

a dark skinned man with light blonde hair and a tattoo on his shoulder stood before them.

"darui! hiiii", she said, doing a bro high five hug thingie , "how's it going?"

"well we're preparing for war so obviously not very good"

she laughed, "long time huh"

"uh y'all know each other?", kakashi asked

"oh yes this is darui, right hand man of the raikage. i fought against him during my chunin exam. he's the friend i was telling you about."

"ohhh you were the one she beat", kakashi recalled, "i remember that fight. hi i'm-"

"i'm sorry but you don't need any introduction", darui chuckled, "who doesn't know the copy ninja?"

kakashi smiled, although he felt a pang of jealousy. y/n seemed to have sensed this, because she laced his fingers with hers reassuringly.

just then, the five kage called the meeting to order.
they addressed the small gathering of shinobi from various villages.

"this meeting is regarding the captaincy for the various divisions of the allied shinobi forces in the war. you all are the most trusted of the five kage, which is why you've been called here.", gaara said.

Ay a.k.a. raikage-sama began to read from the list prepared.

"darui of the hidden cloud, head of the first division"

darui nodded, smiling as he looked y/n's way for a second.

"hatake kakashi from konohagakure", the raikage said, "you will head the fourth division for short to mid range battle"

"yes sir", kakashi nodded

"uchiha y/n, konohagakure", he announced, "proxy for hatake kakashi. should anything happen to him, you will be taking over as head of the division."

y/n took a deep breath. "yes raikage-sama"

"third division as well as overall commander of the forces, gaara"

"yes", gaara nodded

"gaara's proxy will be nara shikamaru"

shikamaru nodded.

the meeting concluded and as they walked out of the headquarters.

she turned to shikamaru who was next to her.

"so that's temari?", she pointed her gaze towards a blonde carrying a fan

"y/n THIS IS NOT THE TIME"

"temari!", y/n called out. temari narrowed her eyes at her.

"why is the uchiha girl calling me?"

"yes y/n-sama?", she asked

"you'll make sure shikamaru takes his duties seriously won't you?", she patted shikamaru on the back

temari smirked, "of course. rest assured"

the lazy genius groaned in frustration. "as if the war wasn't enough of a drag"

"hey y/n?", darui asked. he looked anxious.

"yeah?"

"would you... would you like to go out with me?"

taken aback, she stuttered, "u-uh wha-"

"NOT NOW", he added, ".. of course not now. but after all of this is over?"

her heart literally sank as she tried to let him down slowly.

but she didn't get a chance to as one arm wrapped around her waist from behind. "she's taken"

"uh-oh not good"

"uh.... yeah", she said slowly, giving kakashi a look

"oh... OH SHI-", darui looked visibly shook, "i'm sorry i had no idea"

"it's okay, not your fault", she gave him a small smile to try and shrug it off. kakashi slightly squeezed her waist, making her let out a squeak.

"just my luck huh", darui sighed, "well, no matter"

she grinned, "i'll see you around"

he left and she turned to kakashi. some sort of anger seemed to be brewing behind his usual chill exterior.

he grabbed her hand, "come with me. now."
___________________________________

idk what it is with me but i just can't write angst. i hate writing it sm.

most of the time i write it just to keep the story interesting. otherwise i CANNOT.

my hot physics teacher was taking a viva today and i didn't know whether to be terrified or turned on🙏