"Perfect timing, I really need that ginger spice!" A voice shouted from down the hall. You quickly skipped in that direction, store bags crinkling and swaying with your movement.

"Welcome back, (y/n)!" Matt greeted as you sidestepped him, his attention on you for just a moment before going back to staring at the mirror in his hand, the other one carding through his hair in a vain attempt to perk it up.

"Hey, Matt! You look stunning as always. Good luck with the preening!" You joked and rolled your eyes with an overly fond and exaggerated sigh with Matt's delighted squealing at the compliment.

"Hey kid, be careful with what you tell Matt. He's got a big enough ego as is, no need to fill his head up any more." Tom chuckled as he walked past you, hand reaching out to ruffle your hair, chuckling at your screech of protest.

You huffed out in slight annoyance and went to fix your hair, running a free hand through it and electing to ignore the sudden shout of offense from Matt at finally registering Tom's remark. A playful argument was about to commence.

You entered the kitchen with a wide grin and skipped over to Edd who was happily humming to a tune in his head as he jumped around the kitchen wearing the most ridiculously pink and frilly apron you've ever seen. He sputtered around, pulling out bowls there and adding spices here. You cleared your throat to gain the man's attention and couldn't hold back your laugh as Edd let out an unmanly squeak, turning to face you, suprise painted on his face and a spatula held out like a sword. Your eyes twinkled with amusement once Edd recognized you.

"Oh, (y/n) it's just you. Don't spook me like that kid. You're going to give me a heart attack." Edd gasped dramatically, gripping at his chest with over exaggerated breaths. You simply rolled your eyes and marched past him.

"Well, I'm sorry your old man heart can't handle a little scare." You teased and delighted in the way the brunette squawked at the nickname.

"Excuse you!? I'm not old!"

"Whatever you say, old man." You chuckled and slammed the bags down on the counter, shaking out your limbs to get the blood flowing through your arms and into your numb fingers. Edd dropped whatever retort he had when he saw the bags, instantly walking over to dig through them.

"As much as you've wounded me with your outrageous lies, I cannot thank you enough for getting this," Edd declared, pulling out a can of cola and cradling it to his chest. "You're my savior!"

"Okay, enough with the dramatics dad. I also bought the ginger that you needed for that new recipe you wanted to try out and the screws that Tord said he needed." You pulled said items out of the bag, handing the spice to Edd and laying the package of screws on the counter. "Where is he anyways?"

"Right here, twinkle toes!" You shrieked in surprise when someone snuck up behind you and grabbed you, mercilessly tickling your sides.

"Tord, no! Stop!" You laughed, desperately struggling to escape the man's hold. He only tightened his grip and gave Edd a cheeky grin over the top of your head.

"I don't know (y/n). Edd may want to get his revenge for that old man comment from before, don't you Edd?" At the spark of mischievous delight shone in Edd's eyes you knew you were done for and your struggling renewed.

"Wait, no, no, no!" You were laughing through tears at this point as Edd ran his fingers up your sides. You kicked out fruitlessly, gasping for breath and grinning like a madman.

You'd never felt so happy in you life.

"Apologize for what you said and I might just let you go." Edd teased, pausing in his attack to give you some breathing room.

"Okay, okay, I take it back. You're not an old man." You gasped through delighted tears, cheeks glowing red and aching from how hard you were smiling. Edd seemed to consider it before steeping back with a satisfied nod.

"Alright, I accept your apology. Tord, you may release the prisoner." Tord rolled his eyes and finally let you go, walking past you to grab the screws after ruffling your hair.

"Yet." You cackled and fled the kitchen. It took a moment for the dots to connect but once they did, the chase was on.

"(Y/n), get back here you slanderous traitor!"

You ran around the house, a lightness in your chest that gave wings to your feet and allowed euphoria to cloud your mind and ease the pain leftover from the past.

Sure, things weren't perfect. You couldn't remember your old life. You had to stand by and wait for the adoption process to be complete. You had to speed run a history project later that night simply because you had completely forgotten to do it.

But you were healing. You were being given the chance to start over and have a new life. New memories. New family. New home.

So, what was a home?

It was a noun.

Definition: 'the place where one lives permanently, especially as a member of a family or household.'

And, once upon a time, home had been the vague memories of your biological family burnt to death in a house fire.

It had been a cardboard box on the street and than the kindness of the adoption center and then the cruel brutality of foster families.

But now?

Now, home was a simple house consisting of a family of housemates that simply caused chaos every weekend and an absolutely adorable cat named Ringo.

Home was so much more than memories and a noun.

And you wouldn't change it for the world.

Hello hello, welcome everyone to my re-write. It's been a hell of a long time now hasn't it?
Honestly, I was about ready to abandon this as I haven't really been in the mood to continue it. However, seeing the fandom slowly coming back, seeing that people are still reading my old garbage of an Eddsworld fic, I decided you all deserved better.
Now, I cannot guarantee a consistent updating schedule nor can I promise to complete this fic. As much as I would love to, I'm simply not as into the fandom as I once was and I already have so much to do and focus on irl.
But, for you guys, I will try my dman best to at least give you something worth reading and, hopefully, you all can see my improvement.
Any new readers who have no idea about my old fic, go ahead and check it out! It's not that good in my opinion but you may enjoy the ridiculousness of it if you want soemthing else to read.
Anyways, thank you for taking the time to read this. I appreciate everyone of you and hope you have a wonderful day/night/evening.
See ya later my lovely gators! Author out!
(God that is so cringy XD)