Making Plans

Korra lifted a fist to knock on the closed door to Asami's temporary office. She had wanted to walk straight into Asami's office but thought better of it a moment before she grabbed the doorknob. She rasped her knuckles against the hard wood three times and waited until she heard Asami calling out to come in before opening the door.

Asami's eyebrows lifted in surprise at the sight of Korra walking into her office. She was looking at her design for the hummingbird suits and trying to find areas for improvement. Asami set her pen down and met Korra in front of her desk. "What's up, Korra?"

"I wanted to see my girlfriend," Korra said with a crooked grin before leaning forward to kiss Asami. She meant it to be chaste but she still felt the stirrings of arousal as Asami wrapped her arms around her shoulders. She felt a warning tug from Kuvira and broke the kiss, muttering under her breath for Kuvira to shove it. She saw the humor in Asami's eyes and guessed the other woman had heard her. "Actually, I wanted to see if you have any plans tonight."

Asami thought for a few moments before shaking her head with her own grin on her face. "No. Did you want to go on a date tonight?" The way she said it made it clear that Asami would much rather do something else. Even if her words were lost on the Avatar, Korra couldn't have missed the way Asami's eyes flashed down and back again, the suggestion obvious.

This tug had some more force behind it and Korra had to remind herself that Kuvira was probably surrounded by prisoners so it would be rude for Korra to tug back. "Sort of. Bolin invited us to go have a dinner with him, Mako, and Wu."

The lust in Asami's eyes was replaced with affection. "I haven't seen them in a while. And Wu has gotten much better at not flirting with me."

Korra laughed. "If he tries anything, I'll scare him off for you."

"Oh, will you?" Asami tilted Korra's chin up and let her tongue wet her bottom lip. "My strong Avatar."

"Um, yeah," Korra got out, her face feeling like Bolin had thrown a ball of lava at it. She winced at the tug she received and felt Kuvira's obvious agitation. She tried to send that she was sorry to Kuvira through the bond and some of Kuvira's agitation died away. Korra concentrated back at Asami and she saw how her girlfriend looked remorseful herself and realized that she must have seen the wince. "Don't worry about Kuvira," Korra said.

"I actually forgot about the Soul Bond for a few moments," Asami said with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Sorry," was all Korra could think to say.

Asami shrugged away the apology and pulled Korra closer to show she didn't hold any hard feelings against her. "It's just a shame I won't be able to tease you until tonight," she said smoothly but Korra knew that Asami was just trying to distract her.

Korra let herself be distracted and chuckled to hide her own feelings of unease. Even if Asami could forget about the Soul Bond, Korra never could. "I can't wait." She wanted to kiss Asami again but knew that Kuvira was already annoyed at them.

"It's a date." Asami gave Korra her own kiss, making it light and innocent, even though she wanted to do much more than that. She pulled back and smirked as Korra followed her to start another slow kiss. Even with the Soul Bond and all it entailed, Asami didn't doubt that Korra loved her and wanted her.

When the kiss broke, Korra forced herself to take a step back before she kissed the other woman again. "I'll see you at Kwong's Cuisine at seven?" She left after Asami gave her a nod, leaving the mechanic back to her work. She felt lighter and heavier, nervous and excited, all at once. Nobody has ever made her feel like this and it was incredible. She felt Kuvira's confusion at the contradicting emotions that must be radiating off of Korra but she ignored the metalbender. Kuvira must have felt like this when she was with Baatar Jr., right? Korra bounded down the steps at Asami's temporary workplace. She idly wondered when Asami would build her new headquarters but knew that Asami was concentrating on other projects. She was always taking care of other people that Asami sometimes forgot to take care of herself.