First Visit

Korra was brushing Naga in the warm sun of the afternoon when she saw Zhu Li walking up to her. She raised her eyebrow at the sight of the president before she realized the reason why she could be visiting her at Air Temple Island. Korra gave Naga one last brush before standing and meeting Zhu Li in the middle of the courtyard.

"The paperwork is finally through," President Moon said as she handed Korra a schedule and two passes for the prison. "I marked the dates for your visits on the schedule."

Korra glanced down at the schedule and saw that tomorrow was a visiting date. That was a relief, Korra could feel the headaches starting to form at the back of her head. It had been five days since she had visited Kuvira and had been worried that the passes wouldn't be approved before Kuvira had to be moved back to the infirmary. "How many strings did you have to pull to get this done?" Korra asked curiously.

President Moon sighed and Korra noticed the dark circles under her eyes and the fact that her attire was just a tiny bit disheveled. That surprised Korra, she didn't think she ever saw President Moon less than immaculate. "You don't want to know. I had to call in quite a few favors that Raiko saved up, especially to keep everything quiet." She pushed up her glasses when she noticed that they slipped a little down her nose. "At least with the favors used up, that temptation is gone. The Warden isn't happy with my orders but Lin was able to calm him down."

"More like threaten, I bet," Korra said with a laugh. She couldn't picture Lin calmly explaining why the Avatar and her girlfriend had to visit Kuvira once a week. Lin probably just told the Warden to shove it and get used to it.

President Moon laughed as well. "Perhaps, but I haven't received any complaints as of yet so I'll just let the Chief of Police handle the Warden the way she sees fit." She lifted her arm and checked her watch. Korra saw her eyes light up and some of the other woman's exhaustion melt away. "I'm sorry for leaving so soon, but I have another meeting to get to. If you or Asami run into any trouble with your visits, please let me know as soon as possible."

Korra nodded and waved the other woman goodbye as President Moon walked away. She was wondering what Varrick had to do to get some time with his wife as she strolled through Air Temple Island with Naga lumbering at her heels.

"Come on, Naga," Korra said, ruffling the polerbeardog's ears. "Let's go get some grub." She chuckled at the way Naga's tail wagged at the promise of food. The two made their way to the dining hall. They were one of the last ones there and Korra exchanged a few pleasantries with some of the airbenders before she got to her usual table with Tenzin's family.

She sat down and Naga laid down right behind her, stretching her neck so her chin could rest on the table. Korra scratched behind one of Naga's ears as she was handed a plate piled high with nutritious fruits and vegetables. She bowed her head and waited for Tenzin to speak.

"We are grateful for this food, for happiness, and for compassion," Tenzin began. "We are also grateful of how much our world has changed and how we are able to bask in the good it has created, as well as curb the hurt some of it has caused."

Tenzin continued his prayer but Korra fixated on his last words. She was reminded of her talk with Asami weeks ago before the final fight between herself and Kuvira in Republic City. Asami reminded her of all the good she helped cause while Korra was stuck on all the anguish her actions led to. Each action could cause good and bad, Korra realized. Perhaps the Soul Bond could be good and bad too, instead of just bad. It would be helpful to know that Kuvira had to always be close, especially with her loyalties so uncertain, although Korra was pretty sure Kuvira was done being the bad guy. And it was kind of nice feeling another presence at the back of her head. It made Korra feel less lonely when nobody was around her.