Introductions

Introductions 

For as long as I can remember I’ve loved volleyball. All I wanted to do was play it. And I did play it. In middle school, I was the ace. I could break through any wall that came to face me. My team was good, we were all really close. We weren’t number one but we were pretty good. We all worked well together, we never won or made it to nationals but it was still so much fun just playing. That changed in high school though. I was forced into the setter position with little experience. I tried my best though, giving each game my best shot. We never won very much though but I wouldn’t let that stop me. Then in my second year everything I knew changed. 

“My name is Ren Sakura. I’m a third-year at Aoba Johsai High School. I'm the captain and official setter of the girl’s volleyball team. “

“Sakura! You coming?” A tall boy called out to the small girl running towards him and his best friend. 

“Yeah! Sorry, I’m late guys.” She said her small figure coming to a stop in front of the two boys. 

“Did you sleep in again Sakura-chan?” The second boy teased. 

“...no… Okay fine! But I swear it’s the last time this happens!” She said averting her eyes from the brown-haired boy who had teased her. 

“You're lucky none of us have morning practice.” The dark-haired boy said. 

“Shhhhh! It’s fine! That's why we should get going Iwa. We don’t want to be late now do we!” Ren said. Hajime Iwaizumi and Tooru Oikawa were Ren’s two best friends. Both were significantly taller than the girl but had all met because of their love for volleyball.

“You're the one who was late you know.” Iwaizumi said taking off with Oikawa towards the school. 

“Hey, and I apologized!” Ren said running after them. 

The three friends approached the school. Ren walked up to the board where the classes were posted. She scanned them standing in the same spot, her eyes running across names. 

“...Class... three-six… Wait, how did I end up in college prep classes?!” Ren exclaimed. Her voice shocked by what she had read. 

“What do you mean Sakura-chan? You’re not supposed to be in them?” Oikawa asked, walking up to where the short girl was standing. 

“I mean… I guess my mom switched it without me knowing. I originally wasn’t going to since my grades weren’t that high. Oh well, there’s no changing it now.” She said, sighing slightly. She looked up at Oikawa waiting for him to tell her what class he was in but just grinned at her. 

“Hey guys,” Iwaizumi called out to them, bringing their attention towards him. 

“Hm? What is it Iwa?” Ren asked looking at the tall dark-haired boy. 

“We all ended up in the same class.” He said, smiling a bit. He was pleased knowing his friends were in his class. 

“Whoa! Really?” Ren said her face lighting up at the news. 

“Lemme see Iwa-chan,” Oikawa said pushing Iwazumi out of the way. “He’s right! Were all in the same class Sakura-chan.” He said looking at Ren. 

“Wow, who would have guessed. I wonder what class Mitsuki is in.” Ren said scanning the board again. 

Mitsuki Tao is Ren’s best friend. Iwaizumi and Oikawa were too but, Mitsuki and Ren were really close. They had met in her first year. She was the only friend who had stayed by her side in her first year when Ren’s ex put her through hell. 

“Tao-chan? Hmmm... Not sure. Sorry, Sakura-chan.” Oikawa said scanning the board for Ren’s best friend’s name.  

The three then entered the school heading to their classroom, having to stop multiple times because of Oikawa’s fangirls. They then stopped in front of a dore, the sign above the room reading 3-6. 

“Well, this is it.” Iwaizumi said walking into the class. Ren and Oikawa following in behind him. 

They stopped looking around in the room scanning to see who was in their class. Ren didn’t recognize anyone though. A bunch of girls noticed the presence of the pretty boy that was Oikawa and stopped what they were doing to stare at him. 

“Looks like your fan club is here.” Ren scoffed looking at Oikawa. She sat down at a desk then glared at the tallboy. 

“What are you jealous Sakura-chan?” Oikawa teased. 

“What?! I am not!” Ren said, her face going bright red. 

“Mhm,” Oikawa said teasing the girl more. She looked up at him then shot him another glare. 
Oikawa walked over to where the girls who had stared at him were and began to talk to him. 

Iwaizumi shot Ren a glace then sat down at the desk beside her and asked, “ You alright?” 

“Mmmmmm Yea. I hate that he can read me like a book.” Ren said her voice muffled slightly because she had put her head in her arms. 

Iwaizumi laughed then said, “ He can read every one, it's not just you Sakura. “I know things are weird right now but they’ll get better don’t worry. He’ll get over it.”

“Yeah, they will.” She put her head up to look at Iwa then gave him a sympathetic smile. 

Oikawa then came over to where Iwa and Ren were sitting and sat down beside the window and next to Ren. 

Iwa and Ren seemed to be in their own conversation so Oikawa just turned his head to face the window. He certainly had a lot to think about. 

A/N- Hello! Thank you for reading chapter one of my story! I know the switch from first person to third person is a little weird but I wanted Ren to introduce herself. That's the only time it'll be written in first person though, so if you dislike first person you'll be happy to know I won't be using it again. I hope you enjoyed!