Chapter 2

Soojung sighed as she looked at the sheet in front of her, the one that was passed around the class so that they could write down their name and their partner's. She glanced at the male beside her.

"Na Jaemin." The male simply said, reading her mind. Soojung nodded, putting his name down before handing it to the next pair.

From what Soojung heard from the other students, Jaemin wasn't actually a bad student. He was actually the opposite, always paying attention in class and taking notes. They say that he gets good grades too.

The reason why people avoided him though was because of the jacket he wore, signifying that he was a member of the Phoenixes. Soojung couldn't help but wonder how someone as studious as him ended up in a gang like that.

Soojung stared at the instructions on the board and the sheet between the two of them. "So we're doing inventory today."

"Yup." Jaemin said, opening the drawer beside him full of glassware. "Fun."

Jaemin didn't actually seem too terrible to work with as they got through the task quite fast. A part of it could have been the fact that there weren't many words exchanged between the two of them.

Soojung noticed Jaemin's phone that was sitting on the table buzz, both their eyes shooting towards it. The contact name made shivers run down Soojung's back.

Lee Jeno.

"Sorry." Jaemin said, taking his phone in his hands to reply to his friend.

Jeno was well known throughout the college, the player, the one that fooled around with girls the most. Soojung had seen him hanging around so many girls that she couldn't even count them with her fingers.

Not only that but apparently, Jeno was the younger brother of the leader of the Phoenixes. Not only did normal people fear him but many of the gang members as well. That was enough to put Jeno at the top of Soojung's list of people to avoid.

Soojung gulped as Jaemin finished, his attention returning to her, his phone still in his hands. She was confused when he stretched his hand towards her.

"We should exchange numbers. Since we're going to be working together."

Oh.

Soojung nodded her head, taking Jaemin's phone in her hands to put her number in and passing him hers. When she finished, she saw that Jeno had sent him another text.

Jeno
I can't tonight, I have another deal.

The life of drug dealers, Soojung thought, passing Jaemin's phone back. "You have another message."

"Oh, thanks." Jaemin said, taking his phone back and exchanging it with hers, now with his number in it. She was surprised to see that Jaemin had already sent himself a message.

"Well I think that's it for inventory so I'll see you later in class." Jaemin said, sliding off the stool.

"Um, see you?" Soojung said but Jaemin had already walked away, handing in the paper with their inventory sheet.

As she left the lab, she almost bumped into the male waiting outside, who to her horror, was a dark haired male with pale skin wearing a black leather jacket. The feature that scared her the most was the cross tattoo on his right cheek.

It was Jeno.

Jeno held out his hand, pushing her shoulder so that she didn't fall on him. Soojung felt extremely embarassed as she stepped back while Jeno shot her the dirtiest look he could possibly give her.