75.0: Sick Days & Arguments With Surprise Visitors

Start from the beginning

"As if."

___

Crystal needed to learn how to stop talking, here she was in bed dying because she once again jinxed herself. She winced at how her body shivered and how her headache made her want to slam her head into a wall.

I'd rather die in the office then admit to Hotch that he was right.

Crystal stood up and immediately fell, "Ow." She sighed before trying to stand back up, she had workouts with Hotch today and she needed to look like she wasn't dying.

Maybe he won't notice?

___

"Hotch if you don't-"

"No." 

"Put me down-"

"No."

"I will scream-"

"Do it then." Hotch cut her off as he continued to carry her bridal-style to the elevator, he was frowning and Crystal sighed. Needless to say, Hotch noticed quickly that Crystal was shaking and could barely stand from how weak her body was.

He had drove to her apartment wanting to see if everything was okay since she was late and had caught her falling on the way to her car, Crystal sighed. "I can walk just fine."

"So you're falling on pavement for fun?"

"Yeah I am, you should try it sometime." Crystal answered and Hotch relaxed and gently leaned his forehead against hers, "Nice to see you're well enough to make jokes."

"I'm well enough-"

"You're not going to work." Hotch interrupted when the elevator doors opened, Mr. Vinny who was Crystal's neighbor stared at them. "Oh, hello."

Crystal's eyes widen and blushed, "Good morning Mr. Vinny."

"Everything okay?"

"I'm being kidnapped back to my apartment." Crystal answered and Hotch sighed, "She's sick and she needs rest, she fell." Mr. Vinny nodded, "I see." He moved out of the way and let Hotch walk out of the elevator first before entering it, Mr. Vinny smiled at them. "Ah young love, so bold and entertaining."

Crystal turned to look at him shocked and the doors shut before she could say anything, Crystal lightly hit Hotch's shoulder. "Put me down now." Hotch kissed her forehead before walking to her door, "Where's your key?"

Crystal pouted and handed it to him, he opened the door and shut the door after him with his foot. He walked Crystal over to her bedroom and laid her down before heading to her kitchen and grabbing her water, when he returned Crystal's eyes were drooping.

Hotch smiled and put the water on her bedside table, "You were arguing with me the whole way up, just for you to almost fall asleep once you're in your bed?"

"You were taking forever." Crystal mumbled as she shivered and Hotch grabbed her blankets and put them over her, he gently rubbed her head. "Will you be okay?" Crystal hummed and he smiled before kissing her forehead, he went to leave and Crystal grabbed his hand.

Crystal pouted at him and showed him her wrist and he stared at her softly before bringing her wrist to his lips and kissing it gently over and over, Crystal lightly laughed and he finally let go. Crystal sighed, "I'd hug you goodbye, but you might get sick."

"It'd be worth it."

"Probably would be, but then we'd both be sick and that's not good. You should go before you're late for training, can't have us both skipping." Crystal smiled at him and he moved her hair from her face, "Call me if you get worse?"